Options

The New Corvette

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
edited March 12, 2013 in Other Cool Shots
I'm lucky ( I think ) to be a " dew-sweeper "....one of the bunch that gets in a little earlier than most at the Amelia Island Concours car show. It's a mixed blessing. While the crowds haven't built up yet, there are some distinct downsides to shooting at this early hour; the lighting is terrible ( with the Sun just rising off the ocean and peeking through the low tree line....very splotchy and uneven ), and the cars ( like this 'Vette ) haven't been wiped down yet. Beggars can't be choosy, though.

This is the brand new 'Vette, C-7 as it's known in the trade. In this case, it was surrounded by an example of all the 6 previous versions ( still in their overnight " packaging " ). The disply area for the car was surounded by clutter....buildings, tents, and booths....but you take what you can get.

This is the first Corvette in quite a spell that I really want. I wonder if Darlene would notice it tucked away in a corner of the garage?

Amelia%20213%20002-X2.jpg

Amelia%20213%20007-X2.jpg

Amelia%20213%20010-X2.jpg

Amelia%20213%20011-X2.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• Options
    superduckzsuperduckz Registered Users Posts: 377 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2013
    Quite a formidable car. I like it. You made the most of what you had for the shots. I didn't make it out to Amelia unfortunately. Got caught up in family issues and kicked myself all day Sunday.
    Accidents and Inspiration
    One of these days I'll have to figure out what my "style" is..
  • Options
    edited March 11, 2013
    superduckz wrote: »
    Quite a formidable car. I like it. You made the most of what you had for the shots. I didn't make it out to Amelia unfortunately. Got caught up in family issues and kicked myself all day Sunday.

Sorry you didn't make it, Steve. As usual, it was an unbelievable assembly of cars. It's no wonder that this show rivals the Pebble Beach show as being the best of its kind in the world.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2013
    That is a very sexy beast - I want one!
    So do all those droolers in the last shot..... I'll bet the guy on the phone is explaining that to his wife!
    I read that the trapezoidal taillights were quite controversial to traditionalists - I happen to like 'em - the whole design looks very Batmanesque to me.
    Alas, I'll just have to settle for drooling myself....
    Thanks for sharing Tom!
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    edited March 12, 2013
    Earache wrote: »
    That is a very sexy beast - I want one!
    So do all those droolers in the last shot..... I'll bet the guy on the phone is explaining that to his wife!
    I read that the trapezoidal taillights were quite controversial to traditionalists - I happen to like 'em - the whole design looks very Batmanesque to me.
    Alas, I'll just have to settle for drooling myself....
    Thanks for sharing Tom!

As is often the case with cars, Eric, this one looks even better than its pictures. I happened to be standing close by when the chief designer of the new 'Vette was giving a TV interview. He was asked specifically about the taillights. He commented that, during early design exercises, they had tried the round taillights and that it had looked " OK ". He felt, however, that since they were taking the Corvette design in a new direction, it was time to give that aspect a change as well. I think it was a good move. I like the look of the back a lot.

If I wasn't so intent on getting an old, customized truck, I would be trying to get my deposit in on one of these things.

Tom
  • Options
    cgmcdonaldcgmcdonald Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
    edited March 12, 2013
    love the car... I like that it has not been wiped down yet.
    Its a different perspective than most shots I see from car shows.

Sent from my Milestone X using Tapatalk 2
    My Site: www.cgmphoto.us
  • Options
    edited March 12, 2013
    cgmcdonald wrote: »
    love the car... I like that it has not been wiped down yet.
    Its a different perspective than most shots I see from car shows.

Sent from my Milestone X using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for looking in, Charles. Apparently, the convertible version of the new car debuted in Geneva to rave reviews. This new Stingray is a real winner.

Tom