First picture of baby

johnojohno Registered Users Posts: 617 Major grins
edited November 30, 2005 in People
Well, here is my first photo of the new kid. In case you can't figure it out, you are looking at a profile of the baby... We decided not to learn the sex so it's a baby. If you talk to my son, Caleb (3), he will tell you it's a BOY! However, if you talk to my daughters, Hannah (10) and Miriam (6), it's a GIRL! If any of you can tell by looking at the photo, let me know.

46410720-M.jpg

Anyway, two more days until the new camera arrives... I hope. We are expected to have a BIG WINTER STORM the next few days here in the NW. One of the downsides of living on the other side of the mountain passes.

Life is still good!

peace.
johno~
If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
~Mother Teresa

Canon 1D Mark II / Canon 50D / Canon 30D / Canon G9
Canon 50mm 1.4
Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS / Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L

blog
johno's gallery

Comments

• FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2005
    Oh wow!! It's a baby. clap.gif It won't be long before you are taking pictures every day. Or maybe not. It's number 4, right? Usually it's number 1 that gets loads of attention from the camera. After that the number of photos per kid tends to drop exponentially with each new addition. Something about needing all available hands and arms. rolleyes1.gif Of course, maybe that rule does not apply when daddy is an avid photographer. And no doubt the older kids will enjoy pitching in. Congratulations. Thanks for sharing.

Virginia

Email
  • marlofmarlof Registered Users Posts: 1,833 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2005
    Congrats, John. Without the EXIF on the baby, I can't help you on the boy or a girl quest. ;) And hope you'll make it through the storms, or even find something to shoot. I'd be interesting to see in a country where 15cm of snow can damage public life.
    enjoy being here while getting there
  • johnojohno Registered Users Posts: 617 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2005
    marlof wrote:
    Congrats, John. Without the EXIF on the baby, I can't help you on the boy or a girl quest. ;) And hope you'll make it through the storms, or even find something to shoot. I'd be interesting to see in a country where 15cm of snow can damage public life.

It's funny, two inches of snow on the westside of the mountains, (Seattle, WA) can jam things up. Schools shut down in Portland, OR, over less snow and ice. On the eastside of the Cascade Mountain range, anything less than 1 meter is no excuse for stopping life.

We did have a major rock slide over one of the two passes... Only one lane is opened in the EAST bound lane.

I checked UPS tracking, 24 hours later and my baby camera is still sitting in Portland. I could have driven down and back already. I guess it's bad.

It's funny how each adapt to their environment.

peace.
    johno~
    If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
    ~Mother Teresa

Canon 50mm 1.4

blog
    johno's gallery
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2005
    Hi Johno.. I think it's a boy.. don't ask me why.. I just do.

You live in a lovely area.. I hiked round the wonderland trail around Mount Rainier with my son some years back.. one of the most special times of my life..
    kids are so great.. even when they grow up :D
    edited November 29, 2005
    Flyinggina wrote:
    Oh wow!! It's a baby. clap.gif It won't be long before you are taking pictures every day. Or maybe not. It's number 4, right? Usually it's number 1 that gets loads of attention from the camera. After that the number of photos per kid tends to drop exponentially with each new addition. Something about needing all available hands and arms. rolleyes1.gif Of course, maybe that rule does not apply when daddy is an avid photographer. And no doubt the older kids will enjoy pitching in. Congratulations. Thanks for sharing.

Virginia

Extra hands needed alright. When my daughter was first born in 95 the only camera I had was a Canon AE-1 Program. So we bought a small point and shoot to fit in the diaper bag. When Miriam was born, #2, I sold the Canon and bought my first digital camera... Fuji Finepix 2100. 2.1 mp WOW! NO FILM! I think we have more pictures of our children since the digital age... However, we have more prints of our first child. Funny. ne_nau.gif

peace.
    johno~
    ~Mother Teresa

Canon 50mm 1.4

blog
    johno's gallery
  • marymary Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
    edited November 30, 2005
    Congratulations! That is a great ultrasound photo! I love the profile of the baby's face!

We are also expecting a baby in March. Our ultrasound picture can be seen on our family website: www.schuworld.com I have another ultrasound coming up, so I hope we can get different poses with the next set of photos.
    edited November 30, 2005
    mary wrote:
    Congratulations! That is a great ultrasound photo! I love the profile of the baby's face!

We are also expecting a baby in March. Our ultrasound picture can be seen on our family website: www.schuworld.com I have another ultrasound coming up, so I hope we can get different poses with the next set of photos.

Congratulations to you too! I love the count down on your page. I should look in to that.

peace.
    johno~
    ~Mother Teresa

Canon 50mm 1.4

blog
    johno's gallery