Options

Film Camera questions.

El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins
edited March 19, 2013 in Cameras
Question for those on this site that may have or still dabble in film...

I recently purchased a used 35mm all metal camera. A nice one to add to my growing collection of old bodies.

After taking the camera home and opening it up, I found a roll of undeveloped film still inside.

Obviously, the interest spiked as to what could be on this roll of undeveloped film.

Alas, the problem, where these days does one get 35mm film developed, and more so, where to go to develop specialized film, not your typical, garden variety 35mm type.

The film in this camera is Kodak Ektachrome-X color slide film (daylight or blue flash) EX 135-36, Process E-4, 36 exposures, ASA 64, 19 DIN.

If anyone knows of a lab that still processes E-4, I would be very happy to receive their contact information.

It would be interesting to see if I could trace back any of the images on the undeveloped film to their "owner" and see if I could obtain any "back story" along the way.

Thanks in advance for any assistance that anyone can send my way.

Comments

• Options
    perronefordperroneford Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2013
  • Options
    DonFischerDonFischer Registered Users Posts: 128 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2013
    Boy they are awfully proud of their work! Ya might give Dwayne's Photo in Kansas a call. 800-522-3940
  • Options
    El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2013
    Thanks everyone for your replies! Much appreciated!!<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    In fact Rocky Mountain Film Labs seems to be the one that will be able to process my E-4, for a mere $43. Oh well, hope the prints help to unravel a mystery.
    For anyone else looking to process OLD film of various types...[from the firm's web site].....
    Rocky Mountain Film Laboratory
    We are the world's premiere developer of antique, esoteric, vintage, outdated and old film. If you have it, we can develop it.
    Contact Information<o:p></o:p>

Email: info@rockymountainfilm.com<o:p></o:p>

http://www.rockymountainfilm.com/index.html<o:p></o:p>

Postal Address:<o:p></o:p>
    Rocky Mountain Film Lab<o:p></o:p>
    11801 E 33rd Ave Suite A<o:p></o:p>
    Aurora, CO 80010, USA<o:p></o:p>
    Telephone: 303 364 6444

Another option, which I did not investigate, might also be....

www.filmrescue.com

Again thanks!!!