edited March 20, 2013 in Street and Documentary

Comments

• DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2013
    Hey, nearly selective color, without ging to Photoshop! thumb.gif

:D

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2013
    Ben, you know I love allot of your images. But that said, this is a "decisive moment" missed. For all the blather about the decisive moment, I tell my students that it is not the instant when everything comes together in the frame, and the shutter is released. Rather, it is that instant when you see the photographic possibilities in a scene or situation. So following my logic, the decisive moment did not occur when HCB released the shutter and froze the puddle jumper in mid-jump, it occurred when he looked through the hole in the fence, saw people jumping the puddle, and began shooting. Your decisive moment occurred when you saw PLAYA. Then should have come the day long stake out, to perfectly compose the frame, and shoot, and shoot, and shoot, trying to get just the right person in the right portion of the frame. Yes, the reds work, but as shot, this does not say PLAYA. ;-)
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2013
    bdcolen wrote: »
    Ben, you know I love allot of your images. But that said, this is a "decisive moment" missed. For all the blather about the decisive moment, I tell my students that it is not the instant when everything comes together in the frame, and the shutter is released. Rather, it is that instant when you see the photographic possibilities in a scene or situation. So following my logic, the decisive moment did not occur when HCB released the shutter and froze the puddle jumper in mid-jump, it occurred when he looked through the hole in the fence, saw people jumping the puddle, and began shooting. Your decisive moment occurred when you saw PLAYA. Then should have come the day long stake out, to perfectly compose the frame, and shoot, and shoot, and shoot, trying to get just the right person in the right portion of the frame. Yes, the reds work, but as shot, this does not say PLAYA. ;-)

Point made and taken.

I am saddened however that I do not have the luxury of such free time.

Again however I clearly understand your comment, thanks.
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2013
    DonRicklin wrote: »
    Hey, nearly selective color, without ging to Photoshop! thumb.gif

:D

Don

Yeah kinda, thanks :D