Options

Engagement/ family photos

3smiles3smiles Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
edited March 22, 2013 in Weddings
I have my first engagement session next Saturday and they have five kids between the two of them I was thinking of having the kids hold the signs saying "save the date 7/27 2013 in one with the couple kissing behind. Has any one done kids in the engagement session they want them involved in it too as the family is going to be merging together.
Liza

Comments

• Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2013
    That's a great idea! It's sometimes hard to involve kids in a parents' engagement session, but doing stuff like this is great. Be sure, however, to also make sure you get time with the couple alone for a few more romantic shots. Actually, when I say "alone" I just mean alone in the photo, because indeed sometimes it can help to have some ppl standing around to build the energy in the couple. Of course if the kids are being distracting and you need that time with the couple, this is a reason to have an assistant along, or have the oldest kid kinda corral and/or distract the younger ones...
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum