Options

Down South - Margaret River

R.JayR.Jay Registered Users Posts: 974 Major grins
edited March 22, 2013 in Other Cool Shots
Hi, just been away for a few days to the Margaret River region of WA (~330 kms south of Perth). Just off Caves Road is this area of Karri Forest. I know midday is not the best time of day for photography - but in this instance the overhead sun coming through the canopy of the trees gave a nice effect on the tree trunks and bracken.

8573095549_4188329d86_h.jpg

Thanks for looking in - C&C always appreciated.
Cheers, Richard.

Comments

• Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2013
    Very nice image Richard - you're right, the lighting does enhance the scene.
    I think it would be very easy to become disoriented and lost in those woods!
    Always nice to see pics of your part of the planet.
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2013
    These kind of scenes are not usually my cup of tea. But your presentation here, Richard, is exceptionally good.thumb.gif

I haven't seen enough of your work recently. How about cranking up the production for us?

Take care,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2013
    I really like this image Richard thumb.gif

It has so much depth to it - very hard to come by in most images!
    Lots of textures and color.
    Randy
  • Options
    cgmcdonaldcgmcdonald Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
    edited March 21, 2013
    Magical. I great image! I feel like I would walk into the woods from my computer desk!
    My Site: www.cgmphoto.us
  • Options
    edited March 22, 2013
    Earache wrote: »
    Very nice image Richard - you're right, the lighting does enhance the scene.
    I think it would be very easy to become disoriented and lost in those woods!
    Always nice to see pics of your part of the planet.

Hi Eric, thank you very much for your positive feedback - much appreciated. Always happy to show pics of this part of the world :D

Cheers, Richard.
  • Options
    edited March 22, 2013
    These kind of scenes are not usually my cup of tea. But your presentation here, Richard, is exceptionally good.thumb.gif

I haven't seen enough of your work recently. How about cranking up the production for us?

Take care,

Tom

Hi Tom, good to hear from you. My wife and I had just been to the Boranup Gallery and had a look at some paintings by Pam Barbour and Janey Emery. They gave me the inspiration to go back to this area and try to replicate their chosen medium with the camera. I think they won !
    http://www.boranupgallery.com/gallery/fine-art/paintings/page/3/
    If you have a look at this website - have a look at the furniture as well - stunning.

I'll try to be a bit more productive for you :D

Cheers, Richard.
  • Options
    edited March 22, 2013
    rwells wrote: »
    I really like this image Richard thumb.gif

It has so much depth to it - very hard to come by in most images!
    Lots of textures and color.

Hi Randy, Glad you liked this shot - thank you for your positive feedback. This area of Karri forest is quite unique in as much as it is almost a mono culture with all the trees being of a similar age. I think the area was clear-felled many years ago and these trees are the natural regrowth.

Cheers for now, Richard.
  • Options
    edited March 22, 2013
    cgmcdonald wrote: »
    Magical. I great image! I feel like I would walk into the woods from my computer desk!

Be careful Charles - once you step into the screen - it's a one way journey - there's no coming back :D

Glad you liked the shot.

Cheers, Richard.