Options

Remove Password on Multipliable Galleries

Hog LegHog Leg Registered Users Posts: 105 Major grins
edited March 21, 2013 in SmugMug Support
I have 221 Galleries that I need to remove a password from. I have searched many forums and I cannot find the answer that I need . The only solution that I know of is to remove these one at a time. Does anyone know of a quicker way to do this?? :dunno:

Comments

• Options
    mrneutronmrneutron Registered Users Posts: 214 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2013
    You can use the 'multiple galleries' tab in the gallery settings, then you can add the galleries (one at a time) from the dropdown list. Then you can change the password and it will be applied to all the galleries. http://screencast.com/t/3jEIBXYT
    Andy K
    SmugMug Support Hero
    help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited March 20, 2013
    mrneutron wrote: »
    You can use the 'multiple galleries' tab in the gallery settings, then you can add the galleries (one at a time) from the dropdown list. Then you can change the password and it will be applied to all the galleries. http://screencast.com/t/3jEIBXYT
    Yeah, I have did that before but honesty, it about as easy to do them one at a time but thanks for the reply. I has hoping that there was a easy way to mass update like the price list for example.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2013
    If Smugmug would get off their :D and fix SmugBrowser it could be done very simply. At least fix the
    front end (tree) and remove the upload part.

Using just the tree you could change almost anything on the gallery settings page at any level and
    the changes would flow down to every gallery. Like removing or setting a PW in every gallery of a category.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited March 20, 2013
    Allen wrote: »
    If Smugmug would get off their :D and fix SmugBrowser it could be done very simply. At least fix the

Using just the tree you could change almost anything on the gallery settings page at any level and
    the changes would flow down to every gallery. Like removing or setting a PW in every gallery of a category.
    Hey Allen. What's going on with them? The natives seem to be very restless. Smugmug seem to very unresponsive for what seem to be a long while now.
  • Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2013
    Allen wrote: »

Thank you for the feedback Al thumb.gif

We do know organization and applying changes easily throughout the site is a pain point for some, and it is something we are taking very seriously and working on improving.

Michael
  • Options
    edited March 21, 2013
    mbonocore wrote: »
    Thank you for the feedback Al thumb.gif

We do know organization and applying changes easily throughout the site is a pain point for some, and it is something we are taking very seriously and working on improving.

Michael
    Michael, I know you are doing the best you can to spin this, but I think it is hurting your credibility. The old line that "were are working on it" just isn't getting it with me any longer. Do you have your three best men on the job?mwink.gif Maybe SmugMug has made a business decision and what we have now, is all that we are going to get. If that's the case, just say it. We are all adults. What we are getting from SmugMug, is not the SmugMug that I have known, but maybe things have changed. The reason I post on these forums is because of people like Allen and others. I know that if I'm going to get any help it is going to be through people on D:D, the true Hero's of SmugMug. What a great bunch of really smart people, They make me look like I know what I'm doing and if you knew me, you would say that they are magicians. I didn't know how to spell HTML or CSS before I came to SmugMug and now I have a website that is fully functional. I'm not wanting to go away from SmugMug I'm just wanting some help.
  • Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2013
    Hog Leg wrote: »
    Michael, I know you are doing the best you can to spin this, but I think it is hurting your credibility. The old line that "were are working on it" just isn't getting it with me any longer. Do you have your three best men on the job?mwink.gif Maybe SmugMug has made a business decision and what we have now, is all that we are going to get. If that's the case, just say it. We are all adults. What we are getting from SmugMug, is not the SmugMug that I have known, but maybe things have changed. The reason I post on these forums is because of people like Allen and others. I know that if I'm going to get any help it is going to be through people on D:D, the true Hero's of SmugMug. What a great bunch of really smart people, They make me look like I know what I'm doing and if you knew me, you would say that they are magicians. I didn't know how to spell HTML or CSS before I came to SmugMug and now I have a website that is fully functional. I'm not wanting to go away from SmugMug I'm just wanting some help.

I can assure you what you have is not what you are always going to get. We make alot of changes to the platform on a consistant basis. Some you see, some you don't. But we will NEVER be content and settle back and not work on making improvements to your overall experience. We cannot discuss future products, features or timelines for many reasons.

Our amazing customers have been, and always will be, our #1 priority. That will never change.

Like you, I am also amazed at the people who provide feedback and help to all of us here on dgrin...people like Al and Denise and countless others who seem to be everywhere, taking time out of their busy schedules to contribute and help, and never ask for accolades. My hat is off to you all.

THANK YOU!!!!!!

Michael