Ambivalence

PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
edited March 25, 2013 in Street and Documentary
untitled-0966-L.jpg
The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography

Comments

• bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2013
    Wow! Now there are Patti Hinton shirts! You really get around! Laughing.gif! Seriously though...I so wish that one kid wasn't staring at you - without that, this would be a classic. Well, without that and the guy growing out of the woman's back. ;-)
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2013
    bdcolen wrote: »
    Wow! Now there are Patti Hinton shirts! You really get around! Laughing.gif! Seriously though...I so wish that one kid wasn't staring at you - without that, this would be a classic. Well, without that and the guy growing out of the woman's back. ;-)

Why, Explain please.

I find that I am more engaged with this capture because of the eye contact.
    For me without it, it would just another group of kids asking for a hand/help out from some Westerner.
    Been there done that, no joy in it. Well capture and processed, Patti.
    The boys eye contact and yet seemingly Automatic out stretched arm well seems more poignant.
  • PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2013
    Thanks Ben. I am of the same opinion. The ambivalence is mine about taking this sort of shot at all.
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
    ... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography