Options

Hare Scrambles corner

endurodogendurodog Registered Users Posts: 183 Major grins
edited March 24, 2013 in Sports
At a recent harescrambles race I shot a few and have one I thought I would share. C&C is more than welcome. Thanks

Kylesmall-036_zpsf380468d.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,917 moderator
    edited March 23, 2013
    Nice background. Shows motion. The bike/rider are under exposed. I think the crop could also allow for a bit more room up front to give the rider a place to go and to keep the rider out of the center of the frame.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    edited March 23, 2013
    Thanks Ian I appreciate it.
  • Options
    AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2013
    You picked a tough spot to shoot from with virtually all of the rider and bike cast in their own shadow As a result contrast is low which makes it hard for the rider/bike to "pop". If it were possible try to find a corner with the sun predominantly behind you so that shadows are thrown to the opposite side of where you are.
    I can't read the Exif data from this image, but shutter speed seems reasonable (although I think I can see individual wheel spokes - ideally I would look for these to show some blur). You definitely get impression of motion with the lean and the flying dirt. Good timing. This looks like a lot of fun (I'm referring to the photography!).
    One question: can you explain what harescramble is?!!!!
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,917 moderator
    edited March 24, 2013
    A hare scramble is a race that takes place over more natural terrain (rather than a motocross track for example. Although MX tracks are often incorporated into the scramble.) and is usually setup in a forested environment. Like MX, it's multiple laps and the fastest guy wins. Unlike other races, you will often find single track (narrow) trails that lead through obstacles that force the rider to slow down in order to navigate them-a good example would be a pair of trees.

Anyway, fun times.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    edited March 24, 2013
    Great suggestions guys, I really appreciate the input and will be able to put it to use in the future. Thanks.