edited April 4, 2013 in Street and Documentary
DSC_0419-169-L.jpg

Comments

• bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2013
    Is this a Biker Hang Out? I might have to go there ! :D
  • M38A1M38A1 Registered Users Posts: 1,317 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2013
    No Ben, it's an art gallery/foundry just outside of town. I was there for a Texas Vietnam Veterans Memorial statue ground breaking ceremony Monday.

• lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2013
    Great pictures usually do have great backgrounds !
  • rjxrjx Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited March 27, 2013
    If possible, I would have moved more to the right so the mans face would be right smack dab against her ... you know what. Not in a perverted sense. But in a funny zany street photography sense.
    Randolph Knackstedt
    Photographs |
    Facebook Friend Page

...the camera need not be a cold mechanical device. Like the pen, it is as good as the man who uses it. It can be the extension of mind and heart... - John Steinbeck
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2013
    Cool shot. Very unexpected. Begs the question... "USA?" rolleyes1.gifRailroad ties say yes or maybe Canada.
    But I see its Texas. Well done. Only way we'd have something like that up here is on private property
    and a 10 foot fence all the way around and covered by city code.
    Michael
  • M38A1M38A1 Registered Users Posts: 1,317 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2013
    Well, I did wait a bit on the hopes a shot would produce itself...

DSC_0420-170-L.jpg

DSC_0448-187-L.jpg

This was on private property at a foundry/gallery. I was asked to shoot the dedication ceremony for the Texas Vietnam Veterans Memorial and these were at the end of the afternoon. The memorial is being cast and will contain reproduction dogtags of all 3417 Texas residents who died in Vietnam. At this time, 105 are still MIA. In addition to shooting the event, I was part of the group that transported the dogtags to the foundry, riding in an M35A2 gun truck with a V100 and M1009 following. The full gallery is HERE if you are interested. As I mentioned in the gallery, this was a pretty somber event when you realized those 3417 dogtags each represented a person who didn't return. As one of the speakers said, THIS was their homecoming.