Options

Wedding Album

leebaseleebase Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
edited December 5, 2005 in Weddings
Hi all. I'm working on my first "flush mount" wedding album. Ok, it's my first wedding album of any type. Here are the first three page designs:

46499914-M.jpg

46499923-M.jpg

46499932-M.jpg

Lee

Comments

• Options
    micknewtonmicknewton Registered Users Posts: 269 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2005
    thumb.gif Very nice!

Where are you having the book made? I'll be shooting a wedding soon, and I've just started looking for a photo book site.
  • Options
    kini62kini62 Registered Users Posts: 441 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2005
    Pages 2 and 3 are fantastic. What software are you using? The photos on the pages are great too clap.gif
  • Options
    edited November 30, 2005
    kini62 wrote:
    Pages 2 and 3 are fantastic. What software are you using? The photos on the pages are great too clap.gif
    Thanks. I'm using FotoFusion by www.lumapix.com It's fairly inexpensive and very easy to use. If you have a "vision" for what you want to do, you can accomplish it in mere minutes.

I'm still "feeling my way" through each page...but it's not the software that I struggle with, but my vision for the composition.

As for book publishers, there are so many to choose from. I'm going to offer the bride a selection of 2 or three. Zookbinders, SharedInk, AsukaBooks and RocketLife are the ones I'm considering at this point.

Zookbinders is a lot mroe expensive, but they have options where each page can lay flat so you can have 2-page designs throughout your album. I think looking through 10x20 page designs is a lot more impressive.

Lee
  • Options
    david_hdavid_h Registered Users Posts: 463 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2005
    Hey Lee, I've just ordered an Asukabooks sample album as a possible one to include in my wedding packages. I'll let you know how I like it when it arrives in a few weeks. You get 50% discount discount on your first order so I wanted to check them out.

Up until now, I've included a My Publisher (the 12 x 16 inch page one) or Shared Ink book and I've not been thrilled with the quality.

I've been using either just photoshop or PixelCreator Lite for my album pages.

I'm also going to make a couple of iMount books before we do some bridal shows in January.
  • Options
    edited December 1, 2005
    Ok...have two more pages. Let me have it with the critiques :)

46626372-M.jpg

This next one is designed to be the first page. I may drop the initial one or rework it.

46629182-M.jpg

Lee
  • Options
    ShannonWShannonW Registered Users Posts: 248 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2005
    I really like the new first page. The only thing I don't like on the other page is the blue border. Nice layouts though they are very clean which is nice.
  • Options
    Frog LadyFrog Lady Registered Users Posts: 1,091 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2005
    from the brides perspective?
    leebase wrote:
    Ok...have two more pages. Let me have it with the critiques :)

46626372-M.jpg

This next one is designed to be the first page. I may drop the initial one or rework it.

46629182-M.jpg

Lee
    In general I like the concept and most of the pictures, however I have a couple of comments if I were thinking like the bride: 1) the main photo in the top makes her look fat - not good for a wedding picture - and I like the new front page, but 2 things stick out a) the top pictures are so crisp and sharp and good contrast that they make the softness of the main picture seem too low in contrast in comparison and b) in the top right picture, could you crop it so a little of her dress shows, it almost looks like she's not wearing anythingmwink.gif

this is going to be a neat gift for the couple!

Colleen
    Colleen
    check out my (sports) pics: ColleenBonney.smugmug.com

*Thanks to Boolsacho for the avatar photo (from the dgrin portrait project)
  • Options
    jrose1jrose1 Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited December 5, 2005
    Interested
    These are great! I'm a little late to the post, I think, but I'm also making this type of a wedding gift for my stepsister. I wish I knew how to post some of the pages as examples. I do have a question though....feel free to personal message me...

You are printing these pages out yourself on photopaper, correct? Are you looking for a book to put these pages in? That's where I'm struggling...I can't find anything that is 10x8 in size to fit my layouts....any suggestions?

Thanks so much!
  • Options
    edited December 5, 2005
    jrose1 wrote:
    These are great! I'm a little late to the post, I think, but I'm also making this type of a wedding gift for my stepsister. I wish I knew how to post some of the pages as examples. I do have a question though....feel free to personal message me...
    Do you not have a www.smugmug.com account? If so, then use the "share photos" to get the link, and use that to post the photo into the forum using the "Insert Image" button. (hover the mouse over the button that looks like a mountain with yellow sky).
    You are printing these pages out yourself on photopaper, correct? Are you looking for a book to put these pages in? That's where I'm struggling...I can't find anything that is 10x8 in size to fit my layouts....any suggestions?
    Find a provider you like first....as in www.asukabooks.com or www.sharedink.com www.zookbooks.com -- choose a book style/size, then make your designs for the book.

Lee
  • Options
    edited December 5, 2005
    Frog Lady wrote:
    this is going to be a neat gift for the couple!
    Colleen
    Thanks for the tips. As for "neat gift", the mothers presented the "gift" to them the day before I was to come over. Kind of a "guess what we're giving you for Christmas...." -- and the bride and groom turned it down. They didn't _want_ an album. bummer.

Lee