Ladies Work

toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
edited March 29, 2013 in Street and Documentary
In the spirit of compensation to right past wrongs (as in affirmative action); the Indian government has a work program for women.

Its not knitting or white collar; but they're grateful to have the opportunity

This is one such crew

RAG_1383.NEF-XL.jpg
Rags

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2013
    Nice shot, Rags. If nothing else, those people over there dress colorfully. Now, all those gals in the picture have to do is avoid the many cobras that infest their work invironment.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2013
    Nice shot, Rags. If nothing else, those people over there dress colorfully. Now, all those gals in the picture have to do is avoid the many cobras that infest their work invironment.

Tom

They have people paid to remove snakes from work areas, and all that color has it purpose.
    You don't want to be mistaken for a Game Animal ! :wow

Good Capture!
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2013
    bfjr wrote: »
    They have people paid to remove snakes from work areas, and all that color has it purpose.

Good Capture!

Thanks for looking in guys and the comments

My guess is, the favored color there is a Marigold orange, that was most of what I saw and it was based on style. The gals would come out after noon to shop and they would dress up and walk within the squalor. Vanity reigns...

Snakes? I didn't see any (northern India); perhaps in the desert region south. Little to no game seen.. Cows & monkeys are religiously protected, Water Buffalo's are commercial entities (milk value); just saw a cross between a horse and an Antelope that are very tough and Tigers don't mess with them
    Rags
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2013
    bfjr wrote: »

Good Capture!

I hear what you're saying but it must be a very selectively applied program. They have more field workers killed by snakes over there than any other place in the world.
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.