new gallery open

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited May 24, 2007 in Other Cool Shots
hey guys,

i've just put together a new gallery of about 40 or so infrared shots.

it's located on my main website, here

EDIT: 5/14/07 - actually, the link is here now :)
http://www.moonriverphotography.com/featured

who knows, there could be some in there i haven't posted here on dgrin :D

7282247-L.jpg

Comments

• GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2004
    I love the infrared. Yours and the work of one of my club membersare very inspirational. I am a lover of a great landscape and you have several there that are fantastic.

Thats why it surprised me when my favorite was "woman at lunch, nyc south street seaport "

I love the soft creamy feal to it.
    Keep em comming.
  • zero-zerozero-zero Registered Users Posts: 147 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2004
    Andy, did you catch the "hoot and a half :D" technique in one of the latest Outdoor Photographer issues? it involves taking two pics of the same subject, one in IR and one in visible light, and then using a greyscale version of the IR one as the luminosity chnannel for the visible light one. Looks like a lot of fun.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2004
    zero-zero wrote:
    Andy, did you catch the "hoot and a half :D" technique in one of the latest Outdoor Photographer issues? it involves taking two pics of the same subject, one in IR and one in visible light, and then using a greyscale version of the IR one as the luminosity chnannel for the visible light one. Looks like a lot of fun.

i'm familiar with that technique - there's a guy named willem over on stf at dpreview that uses that method a lot.

it's a lot of work though :) and i confess i don't always have my tripod with me! the cool thing about the ir-modification i did on my sony 828 is that i can use really fast shutter speeds, so most of my ir work is hand-held.

thanks
  • zero-zerozero-zero Registered Users Posts: 147 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2004
    Any examples you care to share? (either yours or Willem's)
  • BigAlBigAl Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2007
    Sorry (?) to wake up this thread, but I'm quite interested in modding my 707 to IR. I seem to recall that Andy and some other folks on STF modded 707s for IR. Anyone have any live links on what needs to be done?

(haven't used the 707 for a good while now, so I may as well use it for something else)
  • W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2007
    BigAl wrote:
    Sorry (?) to wake up this thread
    Eh? Raise from the dead, I'd say! Anything else of interest down in the SmugMug catacombs? :D
  • jerrykrjerrykr Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
    edited May 14, 2007
    I have a link to Niek Haak's step by step on modding the 7x7s.

http://irbuzz.blogspot.com/2007/02/links-related-to-ir-photography-visit.html

There are also some links included for professionals who mod cameras for IR.
    -=- Jerry -=-
    For Comprehensive info on Infrared Photography.

Visit my Site - Infrared Photography Buzz
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2007
    BigAl wrote:
    Sorry (?) to wake up this thread, but I'm quite interested in modding my 707 to IR. I seem to recall that Andy and some other folks on STF modded 707s for IR. Anyone have any live links on what needs to be done?

(haven't used the 707 for a good while now, so I may as well use it for something else)
    You can just get an ND-8 and shoot in nightshot mode, you don't even need to mod it... the downside is you only get 1/60th sec shutter speed on that camera in Nightshot mode.

But the results can be good :)

Maxmax can also mod it for you, www.maxmax.com they do great work.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    hey guys,

i've just put together a new gallery of about 40 or so infrared shots.

it's located on my main website, here

who knows, there could be some in there i haven't posted here on dgrin :D

Cool Andy clap.gif Your IR work is simply Stunning, and have always had me super impressed nod.gif .

Thanks for the link .... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2007
    jerrykr wrote:
    I have a link to Niek Haak's step by step on modding the 7x7s.

http://irbuzz.blogspot.com/2007/02/links-related-to-ir-photography-visit.html

There are also some links included for professionals who mod cameras for IR.

Jerry, good to see you on Dgrin.

BigAl, I would also suggest the Yahoo Infrared Photography group as a good resource, which you can find via a link on Jerry's site mentioned above.
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug
  • BigAlBigAl Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2007
    Thanks for the link Jerry, interesting reading, prolly take me a month to digest it all :D (glad to see you started posting here too)

Thanks Andy, will look into the ND filter route (plus maybe the Hoya R72) to see how successful I am. If I like it, I will think about sending my camera over for mods (not sure how much longer it will last, so the ND route may be cheaper).

Thanks Bill, will join up and see what comes out.
  • jerrykrjerrykr Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
    edited May 15, 2007
    Thanks guys. Glad to be here.

More IR stuff planned for the IRBuzz, so take a look once in awhile.

I hope it's helpful.
    -=- Jerry -=-
    For Comprehensive info on Infrared Photography.

Visit my Site - Infrared Photography Buzz
  • loiloi Registered Users Posts: 141 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2007
    breath taking...
    "We sit together, the mountain and me, until only the mountain remains." Li Po
    http://loi.smugmug.com/gallery/3539566#199917032