Options

Event

kristenkristen Registered Users Posts: 446 Major grins
edited April 2, 2013 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Hi, my events aren't working all the sudden. Is there a setting within the gallery that needs to be turned on in order for clients to mark favorites in the event?

This is the gallery that isn't working. It happened last night as well.

http://kristensphoto.smugmug.com/event/Tom/KnjDTAoyHrNpM
Kristen Mendes
www.kristensphoto.com

Comments

• Options
    zacHer0zacHer0 Registered Users Posts: 655 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2013
    Everything seems to be working just fine, I tested your event with 2 different emails. Your event requires registration so the person that goes to the event MUST register before they can see the gallery and favorite images. Once they register we will send them a confirmation email. It might take a little while for that email to arrive, but once it does they can click on the link in the confirmation email and then pick their favorites.
    Zac Williams
    Support Hero
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2013
    Thank you!
    zacHer0 wrote: »
    Everything seems to be working just fine, I tested your event with 2 different emails. Your event requires registration so the person that goes to the event MUST register before they can see the gallery and favorite images. Once they register we will send them a confirmation email. It might take a little while for that email to arrive, but once it does they can click on the link in the confirmation email and then pick their favorites.
    Kristen Mendes
    www.kristensphoto.com
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2013
    It's still not working. Does this link work for favorites? It's not showing the hearts on my end!! UGH!

http://kristensphoto.smugmug.com/event/Milton/IGki1vniDqdgg
    Kristen Mendes
    www.kristensphoto.com
  • Options
    mrcoonsmrcoons Registered Users Posts: 653 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2013
    Kristen, do you mean that you cannot see the favorites that your customers has selected?
  • Options
    edited March 31, 2013
    mrcoons wrote: »
    Kristen, do you mean that you cannot see the favorites that your customers has selected?

No, they do not receive a heart under the photos. There is no way to select the favorites. :(
    Kristen Mendes
    www.kristensphoto.com
  • Options
    edited March 31, 2013
    Under the share event there should be a heart and favorites and there is not. Also, the heart is not showing up under the images for the client to select.

Kristen Mendes
    www.kristensphoto.com
  • Options
    edited March 31, 2013
    kristen wrote: »
    Under the share event there should be a heart and favorites and there is not. Also, the heart is not showing up under the images for the client to select.

Do you have mandatory resistration turned on? I can't tell if I'm in an event or regular gallery. The galleries I visited do not have the favorites heart, most odd. Can you post a screenshot of the events page where this event was defined?
  • Options
    edited March 31, 2013
    Do you have mandatory resistration turned on? I can't tell if I'm in an event or regular gallery. The galleries I visited do not have the favorites heart, most odd. Can you post a screenshot of the events page where this event was defined?

I have never had this problem before and I use the events all the time.

Screen%20shot%202013-03-31%20at%206.36.03%20PM-L.png
    Kristen Mendes
    www.kristensphoto.com
  • Options
    edited March 31, 2013

I made a new one and it won't work either. I have no idea what's going on but i need these events!

http://kristensphoto.smugmug.com/event/Milton-Again/to5UERzqtqFjs
    Kristen Mendes
    www.kristensphoto.com
  • Options
    edited March 31, 2013
    kristen wrote: »
    I made a new one and it won't work either. I have no idea what's going on but i need these events!

http://kristensphoto.smugmug.com/event/Milton-Again/to5UERzqtqFjs

Well the only difference between yours and mine is the privacy setting. I set mine to public. I don't recall what unlisted is for. I can see why you are aggravated.
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2013
    What you're giving out is the public event link. That's a link to be used by all visitors to the event. For the favorite option to show, the vistior has to register for the event and then use the personal event link that they're sent via email. Only that would allow them to select their favorites as that's unique to the visitor.
    On the test event I can see that you registered a person by the name "test", but never accessed the link with the personal event link sent to via email. You'll need to use that link sent via email to be able to select favorites.

If you can't find the email, check your spam folder.

EDIT: I also checked the first event - it's the same. None of the registered persons used their personal event link which is why they can't select favorites.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    jasonscottphotojasonscottphoto Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2013
    I have a related question/request. I often see on Statcounter for our site that our customers visit the "guest" link before they figure out that I've sent them their own personal link as well. When those emails go out, can't there be a 10 minute delay between one and the next or something? I think sometimes one ends up in Junk because they both go out at the same time...
    Posts by Allyson, the wife/assistant...

Jason Scott Photography | Blog | FB | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube