Options

Coffee mug.

GrayPlayerGrayPlayer Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
edited June 18, 2015 in Accessories
Came across a cool coffee mug shaped like a tele lens.
Nomorerack is the web site.

Comments

• Options
    photobugphotobug Registered Users Posts: 633 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2013
    Also at Meritline.com
    GrayPlayer wrote: »
    Came across a cool coffee mug shaped like a tele lens.
    Nomorerack is the web site.
    I got one of these from Meritline.com, a few months ago. Looks just like a Canon 28-105mm "L" lens. Around $10 (free shipping), if I recall correctly.
    Canon EOS 7D ........ 24-105 f/4L | 50 f/1.4 | 70-200 f/2.8L IS + 1.4x II TC ........ 580EX
    Supported by: Benro C-298 Flexpod tripod, MC96 monopod, Induro PHQ1 head
    Also play with: studio strobes, umbrellas, softboxes, ...and a partridge in a pear tree...

• Options
    ionamartin123ionamartin123 Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited June 13, 2013
    that looks cool, how much is it in nomorerack?
  • Options
    chaddchadd Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
    edited May 14, 2015
    I have the same cup! It's my favorite one. Everything tastes better when you drink from it. And it looks very natural by the way.
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,182 moderator
    edited May 14, 2015
    These mugs are fun. Got a few myself. I won't drink from them, though. The metal or plastic making up the cup portion are all from mostly unknown Chinese sources. And coming from that part of the world, they don't all exactly have a great track record for complying with normal FDA approved materials. If I could find a perfectly fitting plastic cup to use as a liner, then I'd use the mugs to drink from. Or maybe I'm just paranoid.

I did a review some time ago on these…
    http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=195051&highlight=coffee
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    OspreyOsprey Registered Users Posts: 162 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2015
    Just don't leave it in your car where it can be mistaken for the real thing. Could cost you a window.
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,799 moderator
    edited May 18, 2015
    Osprey wrote: »
    Just don't leave it in your car where it can be mistaken for the real thing. Could cost you a window.

Yikes, I never even considered that possibility but you're right.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2015
    The coffee looks a little grainy. :D
    Nice!
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• Options
    Tom FosterTom Foster Registered Users Posts: 289 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2015
  • Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2015
    I don't think you're being paranoid David - Chinese manufacturing standards have rightly earned our suspicion, and subsequent caution as consumers...
    Take for example the recent Lumber Liquidators formaldehyde-soaked flooring scandal... two weeks ago, the CEO swore the product was safe - today, he is looking for a job.

I just saw a catalog offering of this mug in ceramic for $29.95 - I want one, but too rich for me, and, will the ceramic material ensure chemical purity... I don't know?

Your "review" was a hoot!
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    krisharykrishary Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited June 18, 2015
    Guys, I got a nikon 24-70 one from my wife, after the initial shock (i always dreamed of one) i held up the box and my first thought:
    "Jesus this is way too light for a 24-70, ough my god she (my wife) got scammed for what like 1.5-2k $! "
    Then I realised it was a coffee mug, I was both sad and happy at the same time :D