New here so here's a few piccys

Se7enUKSe7enUK Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
edited December 1, 2005 in Sports
Hi all,

I am new here and thought I would say hello and post a couple of pictures.

sport_card.jpg

img_920.jpg

Comments

• ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited November 30, 2005
    Welcome aboard!

Love that air in the first shot. Wow!

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • PlayeTymePlayeTyme Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited November 30, 2005
    Hi, Se7en and welcome. Great shots. clap.gifclap.gif
  • JoeLJoeL Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2005
    These are without a doubt some of the best images I have ever seen, and I have seen a lot.
    You ever thought about joining sportsshooter.com?
  • Se7enUKSe7enUK Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited November 30, 2005
    JoeL wrote:
    These are without a doubt some of the best images I have ever seen, and I have seen a lot.
    You ever thought about joining sportsshooter.com?
    Now thats a comment that I didn't expect. What exactly is sportshooter? and does it help get you work?

Cheers for the comments by the way, you made my day :)
  • JoeLJoeL Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2005
    Yep, sportsshooter.com is a site dedicated to Sports Photographers and Journalist. Its without a doubt the "Elite" site for Sports Photography. The message board is always loaded with hundreds of awesome topics.

You can without a doubt get work from it, the Major Magazines, Newspapers, Publications keep up with that site like you wouldnt beleive. I have scored lots of really good paying gigs and long term relationships with major clients from that site. Most of the top Photographers in the world are members.

The wealth of information on there is beyond comprehension, I have NEVER had a situation or question that couldnt be answered by someone or dozens of people on there within usually minutes. You would be doing yourself a favor to check it out.

When you go to the front page or message board you will see a place where it says "Join" There will be a form you fill out for joining. In an effort to keep the board Professional you will need someone to sponsor you.
    Basically what that means is that you will need to send copies of your work to a "Senior Member" to evaluate and get their opinion on whether you have the ability to shoot and conduct yourself Professionally for the community there, its kinda like a portfolio review so to speak.

You may want to consider it, there are several members that shoot for many Cycle and Racing Publications on there. Take a look at it, if you decide to do it let me know, I would be honored to look at your portfolio and help you out as much as possible. Just email me or hit me up on one of the messengers if theres any questions or concerns.

Take Care,
    Joe
  • Se7enUKSe7enUK Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited December 1, 2005