Options

1st Soccer of the year.

OldGuyOldGuy Registered Users Posts: 301 Major grins
edited April 3, 2013 in Sports
Ohh the thrill of daylight sports. warm weather, sunny skies! Put my 300f4 to good use.:wink
Western Michigan hosted Saginaw Valley State.
Here are a few:

DSC_8826-L.jpg

DSC_8848-L.jpg

DSC_8863-L.jpg

DSC_8859-L.jpg

DSC_8865-L.jpg

DSC_8867y-L.jpg

7. Don't know if Western's Keeper is a transfer from Michigan State or Eastern Michigan...:D
DSC_8903-L.jpg

DSC_8911-L.jpg

DSC_8912-L.jpg

DSC_8917-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2013
    Really nice set - especially the images that show the emotion on their faces and the competitiveness between players. You have a wide range of angles and situations. Nice and sharp
    #2, 3, 9 and 10 would be my favourites.
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • Options
    jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2013
    I judge my sports photos by two criteria. 1, Does it tell a good story? If so, it's a keeper. 2, Would I buy it if it was a picture of me? If so, it's something special. All of these pass 1. For me, 2 and 7 pass 2. Good stuff.
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,916 moderator
    edited April 3, 2013
    Solid indeed.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    OldGuyOldGuy Registered Users Posts: 301 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2013
    AceCo55 wrote: »
    Really nice set - especially the images that show the emotion on their faces and the competitiveness between players. You have a wide range of angles and situations. Nice and sharp
    #2, 3, 9 and 10 would be my favourites.
    I judge my sports photos by two criteria. 1, Does it tell a good story? If so, it's a keeper. 2, Would I buy it if it was a picture of me? If so, it's something special. All of these pass 1. For me, 2 and 7 pass 2. Good stuff.
    ian408 wrote: »
    Solid indeed.

Thanks for the very positive comments.bowdown.gif

I am really in love with my 300 f4! #s 4,5, & 6 are very tight crops of wide frames from about
    80 yards away and I was able to maintain good IQ!wings.gif
  • Options
    jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2013
    Ok so now to nitpick, I was curious about what camera you were using so I looked at your gallery. You have pro pricing set, but you have originals enabled and they're not watermarked - gasp! I see you've downsized the images to 1500x2100, but that would still let someone print a very fine 5x7 or a nice 8x10, or even bigger. Also I think some of these are a bit overexposed. For shooting sports or people in general on a sunny day, I like the sunny-16 rule plus one stop, or thereabouts. At ISO 400, f/4, that would be a shutter speed of 1/3200, but you're at 1/2000. Also some look oversharpened, especially #1. But again, great captures and compositions.
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.