Options

Annie

DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
edited April 3, 2013 in Other Cool Shots
Many of you have enjoyed and allowed me to share my many photos of our Golden Retriever Ty over the years. When she passed away in November I put my camera away in the closet. I finally had to make a decision on to either start shooting again or sell my gear. Selling my gear was high up on the list of 'going to do', but I thought I'd give shooting one more chance. Slowly I'm getting into it again and finding it's like starting all over again. With that all said .. I'm sharing a few photos I took of our new Golden Retriever named Annie. She is a rescue dog from RAGOM a Golden rescue we volunteer for. We think she's between 1 and 2 years old. She came into the rescue with 10 puppies. We went to look for a puppy to add to the family and instead Annie stole our heart. Only negative .. she doesn't like the camera. So I'm trying to shoot from the hip (wow .. that's a learning experience) or from a greater distance. #2 is a shot from the hip .. I need to learn how to get the 'whole' subject in the shot.

1 --

i-FMc2HNK-XL.jpg

2 --

i-rZGpBQv-XL.jpg

3 -- Cropped in BW.

i-NxX89mx-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2013
    Howdy Mary,

Wonderful images of Annie, Looks like you've not lost your Touch.

Glad to see you posting images again, Very nicely done!!!

Annie is sure a Beauty!!!
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • Options
    edited April 2, 2013
    Panther wrote: »
    Howdy Mary,

Hello Craig ... Thank you for your kinds words. I'm still off a few beats, but hope to catch up.
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2013
    Panther wrote: »
    Howdy Mary,

I agree! It's good to see you posting again!
  • Options
    edited April 2, 2013
    Juano wrote: »
    I agree! It's good to see you posting again!

Thank you :D
  • Options
    Don KondraDon Kondra Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2013
    Greetings Mary !

Looking forward to seeing more of Annie as she settles into her new home.

My Ruby is two now and I hardly ever catch myself calling her "Max", sigh....

Only another animal lover can fully understand the loss of a cherished companion, I like to think Ty/Max would be pleased to know we have someone to play with and take us for walks.

Cheers, Don
  • Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2013
    Nice dog Mary

For hip shots, you might like to get a bubble level (thery're cheap) that fits in the hotshoe; it can really help

Good luck with the new "pup"...
    Rags
  • Options
    edited April 2, 2013
    Don Kondra wrote: »
    Greetings Mary !

Looking forward to seeing more of Annie as she settles into her new home.

My Ruby is two now and I hardly ever catch myself calling her "Max", sigh....

Only another animal lover can fully understand the loss of a cherished companion, I like to think Ty/Max would be pleased to know we have someone to play with and take us for walks.

Cheers, Don

I like how you think of it .. our dogs we've lost being 'pleased to know we have someone to play with and take us for walks'. That's a nice thought to have when those harder moments arise.

I too am guilty of calling Annie by Ty's name .. she either ignores me or gives me the 'huh' look. Sometimes I wonder if she thinks a 'crazy' lady took her home.

Hopefully Annie will warm up to the camera and I can share more photos of her. Thank you Don for your kind words.
  • Options
    edited April 2, 2013
    torags wrote: »
    Nice dog Mary

For hip shots, you might like to get a bubble level (thery're cheap) that fits in the hotshoe; it can really help

Good luck with the new "pup"...

A bubble level .. never thought of that. I had to chuckle when you mentioned that. The photo was so out of whack level wise. That is something that will certainly help out. I will get one :D
  • Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2013
    What a pretty girl!
    You will have a great time creating memorable images of your new friend!
    Retrievers - Golden and otherwise (my Billy was a Yellow Lab) - are the nicest people I've ever met. ;-)
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2013
    There you are :D:D:D
    Nice ones Mary K thumb.gif Am really liking image 2 and your composition there. You really know how to bend
    the rules... and I think get away with it no problem.
    If you got these shooting from the hip you did great as its a pretty difficult task. Not sure I would have time to even look at a level bubble but maybe with some training I could do it.
    I would be more likely to preset my focus with a bunch of DOF and shoot wider depending on the lens. Or you could train Annie to
    love your camera and be excited every time you break it out rolleyes1.gifThats' do-able yes headscratch.gif:D
    Great to see you back posting Mary. Thats super wings.gif
    Michael
  • Options
    edited April 3, 2013
    Earache wrote: »
    What a pretty girl!
    You will have a great time creating memorable images of your new friend!
    Retrievers - Golden and otherwise (my Billy was a Yellow Lab) - are the nicest people I've ever met. ;-)

I agree with you .. Retriever's are nice people :D
  • Options
    edited April 3, 2013
    DaddyO wrote: »
    There you are :D:D:D
    Nice ones Mary K thumb.gif Am really liking image 2 and your composition there. You really know how to bend
    the rules... and I think get away with it no problem.
    If you got these shooting from the hip you did great as its a pretty difficult task. Not sure I would have time to even look at a level bubble but maybe with some training I could do it.
    I would be more likely to preset my focus with a bunch of DOF and shoot wider depending on the lens. Or you could train Annie to
    love your camera and be excited every time you break it out rolleyes1.gifThats' do-able yes headscratch.gif:D
    Great to see you back posting Mary. Thats super wings.gif

Glad you liked these Michael .. I wasn't too sure about them. Rules .. they're made to be bent and changed to fit one's likes/needs rolleyes1.gif

I can see where the bubble level would come in handy. It would have a learning curve, but I've not seen anything camera related that didn't have a learning curve to it :D

Hopefully in time Annie will grow to love the camera. She'll go on many road trips with me and soon learn to associate the camera with 'riding in the car and fun'.