Options

Welcome to Round #126 of the Dgrin Sharp Shooters Challenges

JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
edited April 14, 2013 in The Dgrin Challenges
This challenge is for all dgrin members.

It will run from Monday, April 1, 2013 8:00pm PST time (GMT -8) on through Monday, April 15, 2013 8:00pm PST time (GMT -8).

The theme this round for your interpretation will be: Frozen In Motion With Blur

The object here is to slow your camera speed down and speed up the action of your subject! No post processing motion filters should be added please! I will not say this is straight from the camera, as you may adjust small tweeks such as contrast, brightness and color, but please just keep your post editing to that. Its very easy to tell if someone added a filter after the fact.

Also, see if you can have some of the image sharp, yet indicate it in motion with some blur. Here are 2 examples:

1. JMM_8694ed-M.jpg

2. JMMed8587-M.jpg

Editing restrictions listed above!
Your Judge:
1 round 72 Hour Public Vote.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Your entry is to be submitted directly into a SmugMug gallery. It's pretty simple, just go to the gallery link below, and follow the upload instructions at the top of the page:

DSS 126 Gallery

Remember, the basics stay the same: 1 entry per person, and the photo must be fresh, taken during this contest period. Do not use a minimal save method (such as "save for web"), and your EXIF will be embedded in your image, no worries!

To avoid disqualification, read, in full, the Dgrin Sharp Shooters Challenge RULES.

Comments

• Options
    tsk1979tsk1979 Registered Users Posts: 937 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2013
    I love this one.
    I am thinking on two lines here. I can go for an in car shot like this
    DSC_DSC00433_LR-L.jpg

I can go for a panning shot on a track, something like this
    i-FD6cG69-XL.jpg

Or something like this!?
    DSC_7897_LR-L.jpg

Gotta work on my panning :)
  • Options
    NWPhilNWPhil Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited April 2, 2013
    IMG_0252_zps806150fd.jpg
  • Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2013
    I wish I had an opportunity to recreate this image. It is one of my personal favorites with a touch of motion:

Renee Marie
    IMGP1923-L.jpg

Still thinking...

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited April 2, 2013
    Panning shots are fine as long as you see the motion blur to create the sense of movement.
  • Options
    sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2013
    Sharing a shot from a recent shoot.
    Joyce reminded me that I should share this with the everyone here. Since the challenge this time around is " Frozen In Motion With Blur", here is an example of something that would work that was shot one day too early to qualify even if I could enter it. mwink.gif

MotionJ-8618b_900-L.jpg
  • Options
    ShootingStarShootingStar Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2013
    sherstone wrote: »
    Joyce reminded me that I should share this with the everyone here. Since the challenge this time around is " Frozen In Motion With Blur", here is an example of something that would work that was shot one day too early to qualify even if I could enter it. mwink.gif

What an amazing shot sherstone! I love it. So intense.
    Nature can be so different around the world but it is always amazing!

Travel Blog English: http://www.zigzagonearth.com
    Travel Blog French: http://zigzagvoyages.fr
    Infoproduct Creation Blog : https://structurinfo.com
  • Options
    grandmaRgrandmaR Registered Users Posts: 1,954 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2013
    I was thinking that I don't have any children or horses to photograph like that, and thought briefly of photographing my cleaning lady vacuuming. And then I remembered - we have a cat.
    “"..an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”
  • Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2013
    sherstone wrote: »

MotionJ-8618b_900-L.jpg
    Lovely :D Quite excellent thumb.gif
    Michael
  • Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2013
    DonRicklin wrote: »
    I wish I had an opportunity to recreate this image. It is one of my personal favorites with a touch of motion:

Renee Marie
    IMGP1923-L.jpg

Still thinking...

Don
    I can see why you do Don thumb.gif Very nice.
    Michael
  • Options
    grandmaRgrandmaR Registered Users Posts: 1,954 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2013
    The directions for uploading still have #125 My Town in the boilerplate at the top of the gallery
    “"..an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”