Poll - Showing pricing on website

mrhonimrhoni Registered Users Posts: 173 Major grins
edited April 2, 2013 in Mind Your Own Business
Currently I display my pricing on my website. I've recently attended a webinar and have read others that propose not displaying pricing on the website unless you are trying to compete on price.

Me personally, I would be interested in seeing someones prices first to know if they are in my price range and if there were no prices, would I still contact them.

I suspect that your skills, via displayed portfolio, may draw people to still contact you.

What is your opinion.

Should your pricing be displayed on your website 4 votes

Yes display prices
25%
jarboedoggart 1 vote
No don't display prices
25%
rkw624 1 vote
Display general price ranges
50%
dlscott56Glort 2 votes

Comments

• GlortGlort Registered Users Posts: 1,015 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2013
    Display general price ranges
    I wrote a typically long winded post and then I thought I better have a look at your site and double check what market you are in.
    I'm sorry to say but I think displaying prices on your site is the least of your concerns right now.

When I look at your site, it's like you are an animal photographer but there is all this other stuff thrown in. The header on the site reads people and pets but then I go to the Gallery page and the First gallery is AR Drone. Next I see is Buildings and landscapes, dog in the fridge, Macro, Maui, Misc,Cars, Dogs, Plants and Toy models.

WTF????

Is this a business site or a " My pretty pictures" Gallery??
    IF I'm coming to your page for a pet or people portrait, I'm not in the slightest bit interested in your pics of buildings, your Holiday in Maui, ( Especially If I can't afford to go there!) I really have no interest in a time line of the cars you have owned and your toy models????
    Double WTF??

Sorry, not trying to be an arse but rather just point this out from a client perspective. All that other stuff does not belong on a business site. Keep your business and personal stuff very separate.
    The pics of your dogs, IF they are outstanding can go in with your folio shots but the rest does not belong. It confuses the customer if they are on a photographers web site or Uncle bills happy snap page.

Just delete the galleries link from the business side of things and keep the professional site just that. Professional and on topic.

As for the question you asked, I like to show the starting price. Individual prices for prints etc is irrelevant.

If you have a starting from price for a portrait session or coverage, that's all people need to know. Showing all prices also is counter productive in getting people to CALL you which is really what website is about.

As for all the rest I dribbled on about, I think you have other priorities right now and your pricing page is not a great priority you should be worrying about just yet.