Options

Boys and Their Toys

EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
edited April 4, 2013 in Other Cool Shots
So, the Missus and I were down at the Bay the other day when this beauty caught my eye - I right-away thought - although it was as big as a Battleship - that it must be a private vessel. I took some shots, then we ducked into a dockside Bistro and asked the Barista what she knew about it. Well, she had the whole run-down - belongs to Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich... the Luna - Expedition Super Yacht... 115 meters, 400 million bucks, helipads, pool, spa, speedboats (stowed internally), yada-yada-yada. Yes, I was somewhat impressed :D. Google revealed that this is his "little" one - the big one, the Eclipse ($1.5 billion), was moored in NYC. WaveRunners for scale....

Luna%201-XL.jpg

Luna%202-XL.jpg

Luna%203-XL.jpg
Eric ~ Smugmug

Comments

• Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2013
    Wow, what a nice ride. You got some very nice pictures of it. Wonder what it would be like being that
    filthy rich headscratch.gif:D
    Michael
  • Options
    moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,417 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2013
    Very cool!
    DaddyO wrote: »
    Wonder what it would be like being that filthy rich
    I always say I want the chance to show that having a lot of money wouldn't change me. :D
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2013
    Nice boat! were these taken from your own yacht? :D
  • Options
    edited April 4, 2013
    DaddyO wrote: »
    Wow, what a nice ride. You got some very nice pictures of it. Wonder what it would be like being that
    filthy rich headscratch.gif:D
    Filthy? Maybe so... this dude has been accused of various nefarious acts (allegedly of course) - can a individual accumulate billions of dollars and not get their hands dirty? ne_nau.gif
    moose135 wrote: »

I always say I want the chance to show that having a lot of money wouldn't change me. :D

I sincerely hope you get that chance... and then remember I was nice to you once. rolleyes1.gif
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    edited April 4, 2013
    Juano wrote: »
    Nice boat! were these taken from your own yacht? :D

Ah hem...(throat clearing sound) Cristóbal, please do not call this vessel a boat - it is a SUPER YACHT.deal.gif:D
    Also, do I detect a note of sarcasm here? You are thinking I don't have my own yacht? Hmmm...no invitation for you...rolleyes1.gif
    Eric ~ Smugmug