SOLD: Sigma DG 500 Super for 580EX

JHavemanJHaveman Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
edited December 1, 2005 in Flea Market
I have a Sigma DG 500 Super in excellent condition that i have used on my Canon 20D that I would like to trade for a Canon 580EX in like condition. Of course I am offering cash with my unit. I have everything that comes with the Sigma including case, stand, box, manuals, and I even have the Stofen omni-bounce for it. Let me know if anyone is looking to trade. I have done deals on FM as well as eBay. My FM id is Jeff Haveman and my eBay ID is caveman_biker.
Jeff

Comments

• 3rdPlanetPhotography3rdPlanetPhotography Banned Posts: 920 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2005
    Jeff, why don't you like the 500? I'm using the same flash on the same camera and I'm loving it. I'm just curious as to what advantage you see over the Canon flash.

kc7dji
  • JHavemanJHaveman Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited November 30, 2005
    kc7dji wrote:
    Jeff, why don't you like the 500? I'm using the same flash on the same camera and I'm loving it. I'm just curious as to what advantage you see over the Canon flash.

kc7dji
    I agree, it is a great flash and can't be beat for the money, but I use fill flash A LOT. The fact that if the shutter speed gets faster than the sync, the unit turns off the high-speed sync and you have to re-enable it drives me crazy. The Canon leaves this on until you turn it off, it doesn't automatically cancel it. I have a friend with the 580 and after using it, I am hooked.
    Jeff
  • 3rdPlanetPhotography3rdPlanetPhotography Banned Posts: 920 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2005
    Gotcha... that makes sense.

JHaveman wrote:
    I agree, it is a great flash and can't be beat for the money, but I use fill flash A LOT. The fact that if the shutter speed gets faster than the sync, the unit turns off the high-speed sync and you have to re-enable it drives me crazy. The Canon leaves this on until you turn it off, it doesn't automatically cancel it. I have a friend with the 580 and after using it, I am hooked.
  • JHavemanJHaveman Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited December 1, 2005
    Sold
    Sold
    Jeff