Options

Neat idea for a tripod

Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
edited April 6, 2013 in Accessories
Are you tired of not knowing which support device (tripod/monopod) you will need at an event, only to find out you took the wrong one? Fret no more! ME Foto has come out with a tripod that can be converted to a monopod by detaching one leg, and the center post and joining them together, without any tools. They say that when folded up, it is small enough to fit in a carry on bag, which makes it great for traveling. It weighs only 3.6 lbs. and can support up to 17.6 lbs. Also, you can order these in different colors as well. It also comes with a ball head, that looks well built.

I was watching a workshop on Creative Live and the instructor mentioned a new tripod that she just got and loves. I did a search for it and here is the link to the manufacturer. http://www.mefoto.com/products/roadtrip.aspx I liked what I seen, so I ordered one. I should have it next Tue. or Wed.

GaryB
GaryB
“The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams

Comments

• Options
    paddler4paddler4 Registered Users Posts: 976 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2013
    B&H stocked carbon-fiber Oben tripods that have a detachable leg that works as a monopod (not all Obens do) a couple of years ago. Haven't checked whether they still do.
  • Options
    edited April 6, 2013
    paddler4 wrote: »
    B&H stocked carbon-fiber Oben tripods that have a detachable leg that works as a monopod (not all Obens do) a couple of years ago. Haven't checked whether they still do.

I checked on B&H and they don't list any Oben Tripods that can be converted to a monopod, so I went to the Oben website and checked and they don't list one either.

GaryB
    GaryB
    “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams
  • Options
    paddler4paddler4 Registered Users Posts: 976 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2013
    According to the website, at least one till does, the Ct-3520. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/687305-REG/Oben_CT_3520_BB_1T_CT_3520_Carbon_Fiber_Folding.html. Anyone interested can call B&H to see which other models have this feature. Most of the Obens don't .
  • Options
    edited April 6, 2013
    paddler4 wrote: »
    According to the website, at least one till does, the Ct-3520. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/687305-REG/Oben_CT_3520_BB_1T_CT_3520_Carbon_Fiber_Folding.html. Anyone interested can call B&H to see which other models have this feature. Most of the Obens don't .

This would be a good one for someone with an unlimited budget at $469.95. The one I mentioned in my OP is only $189.00, and would be suited for those on a limited budget. BTW, I do own the Oben freestanding monopod and love it.

GaryB
    GaryB