edited November 30, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
25s f/10.0 ISO200
looks compressed cause its from Pbase..looks a lot better in original

52242342.DSC_0137.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2005
    Still, darn nice. Looks immense. I played with the color a bit and concluded that you probably nailed it the way it is. This looks like it was taken from the SF side. Where to you get such a high vantage point?
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2005
    It's actually taken from the other side, Marin Headlands there's a park you can get to very easily:

6716755-L.jpg

Here, you can see the headlands from this IR shot, taken from Baker beach (which is off-camera to your right in the above photo):

5957655-L.jpg

Lovely shot NOLA thumb.gif
  • Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2005
    Very nice, Andy, especially the color one which really captures that cool California light.

I know about that park, but wrongly assumed you'd be able to see the city better if it were shot from there. The view from up there is really one of the wonders of the world.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    NOLA_TravelerNOLA_Traveler Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited November 30, 2005
    rutt wrote:
    Still, darn nice. Looks immense. I played with the color a bit and concluded that you probably nailed it the way it is. This looks like it was taken from the SF side. Where to you get such a high vantage point?

I don't really know where it was.I'm not from here. I think Marin??We were coming back from a trip to wine country.