a quick hello and intro

TelexIranTelexIran Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited April 11, 2013 in Street and Documentary
hello dgrin folks.

a fellow member here mentioned that their is a pretty lively documentary forum here so i thought i would stop in and check it out.

i am a working assignment photographer and shoot documentary work for a living, although i wouldn't suggest doing it for a living suggests anything other than i am broke most times. i also own a gallery and workshop space in Canada that focuses on documentary photo and photojournalism. thankfully i have met good friends who also do this for a living and being able to exhibit their work is a real honour. if anything, i know some great photographers. if you are ever around London, Ontario... drop in as some really great photographers are often hanging around the shop.

the middle east and west africa is my stomping grounds and i am in and out of Nigeria, Niger, Chad, DRC and CAR a few times a year. the past year was spent mostly inside Syria on assignment, with a brief holiday in Iraq.

if i can ever be of service, drop a line and i look forward to waxing the philosophical with all you fine folks... and seeing your kick arse work!

a special salute to Patti and sorry i missed you at Larry's show. last minute things to attend to. hope you had a chance to cant with Larry as he is a mighty swell chap!

Comments

• DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2013
    Welcome aboard. Any chance you know a Sid Jervis. From around London, Ont?

Don

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2013
    Very Cool.

Really Look forward to seeing some of your Work posted here!
  • TelexIranTelexIran Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited April 7, 2013
    DonRicklin wrote: »
    Welcome aboard. Any chance you know a Sid Jervis. From around London, Ont?

Don

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

sorry mate, don't know him. keep in mind that most of my work has involved me being overseas for long periods of time and i am not very well connected in London to the photo crowd. i might also mention that i grew up elsewhere.

either way, if you follow the medium collective tag in my signature, you will find me and a few of my collective friends.

thanx for the welcome folks! hopefully i can contribute positively
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2013
    That's all right. He is a photog worth knowing though. Originally from London, UK, where he was when I first new him. We were both very active, back then, in the Adobe Lab public Beta for Lightroom and on the Lab forum as answerers and built the first online FAQ for Beta 1.0.

Fun times.

See you around Dgrin,

:D

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • kixsandkixsand Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2013
    Awesome!

Welcome and I too look forward to seeing your contributions to the thread.
    Darren
  • PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2013
    Hey John!!! Welcome! Glad you wandered over here. The forum will benefit from your input and hopefully we'll offer something in return.
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
    ... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2013
    Hi John,

Welcome to the group. I've had a gander at your collective site. Very nice. Looking forward to any contributions you can bring.

Jenn