Options

Anybody using a 3 legged thing tripod?

FLYING EYEBALLFLYING EYEBALL Registered Users Posts: 183 Major grins
edited May 9, 2013 in Accessories

Comments

• Options
    EphTwoEightEphTwoEight Registered Users Posts: 552 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2013
    Thats a funny video, but doesnt really sell the product. And that site doesnt really show the products features either.
  • Options
    MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2013
    Thats a funny video, but doesnt really sell the product. And that site doesnt really show the products features either.

Agreed. Who buys a tripod after a video like that?
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2013
    Just looking at the vid and then the images on the site....i am not interested...thje center columns are way to long...I don't care about the colors that I could cover up if need be....and he is wrong about black not appearing in nature. .
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    JimKarczewskiJimKarczewski Registered Users Posts: 969 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2013
    Yikes. Who uses a center column anyway? I made sure my tripod was tall enough to not need a center column, especially for landscape and HDR shooting, I don't need any extra wobble!
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,827 moderator
    edited April 17, 2013
    Yikes. Who uses a center column anyway? I made sure my tripod was tall enough to not need a center column, especially for landscape and HDR shooting, I don't need any extra wobble!

My best tripods both have a center column. Properly designed tripods should have very little lash or flex in the center column when it's properly secured.

For cheap tripods that have a center column you can add a pair of hose clamps, joined together, and loose until you drop the column to the desired height. At the desired height, just tighten the hose clamps on the column and then make sure the clamps are tensioned against the top end of the column guide. It should be very secure and stable now. (Trust me, it really works.) I try to keep a cheap tripod in my vehicle at all times.

i-2f4t2c3-XL.jpg
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    kentwallerkentwaller Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2013
    i just ordered one from adoramo. jack model. $210. don't have it yet.
  • Options
    kentwallerkentwaller Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2013
    so, got it, used it. very nice tripod. very sturdy and lightweight. one gripe - it a little tight getting in and out of the carrying case - I spend too much time pushing and pulling to get the rubber stops to slide in the case. air hed ball mount works great. highly adjustable, and the jack model stretches almost to the ceiling - really can go very high with it if you want, and as low as you want as well. I need to order the appropriate strap connector.
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,827 moderator
    edited May 9, 2013
    kentwaller wrote: »
    so, got it, used it. very nice tripod. very sturdy and lightweight. one gripe - it a little tight getting in and out of the carrying case - I spend too much time pushing and pulling to get the rubber stops to slide in the case. air hed ball mount works great. highly adjustable, and the jack model stretches almost to the ceiling - really can go very high with it if you want, and as low as you want as well. I need to order the appropriate strap connector.

Congratulations. Sounds very nice indeed. clap.gif
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums