Options

#126 Motion

PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
edited April 14, 2013 in The Dgrin Challenges
This is really the first time I've attempted motion with blur shots, usually more concerned with stopping the action (unless it's a waterfall of course). Took myself down to Balboa to try it out. I think I need a little more practice but how are these for a start??

1. As the crow flies. (wish the wing wasn't cut off)
MotionBlur-002-2-Edit-Edit-Edit-L.jpg

2. Beach Cruiser
MotionBlur-205-L.jpg

3. Skates
MotionBlur-285-L.jpg
Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com

Comments

• Options
    CambysesCambyses Registered Users Posts: 141 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2013
    Yes, #1 would have been a much better shot if the wing was not cut off. As it stands, I think I like #2 best. I like how the two windows on both sides of the biker balance your composition. I also like the colors, and the contrast created between the moving bike versus the parked bikes.
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2013
    I like #1 even with the wing cut off. The lines are so clean.

#2 is also nice. You really timed it well with the rider well focused.
  • Options
    tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2013
    #1 the close crop without the wing unsettles this one for me. It makes me feel like the bird has hit the edge and is going to crash.

#2 I like, but would like th crop to hae her more toward the left edge co that it doesn't feel like she is going to hit the edge ofthe fram.

#3 is my fav. i would also crop this with a bit less on the right.
    http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
    If it's locked... find an open window.
  • Options
    lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2013
    I really like #1 but agree that the wing cut-off does bother me some. Love the blur & abstract quality of that one though.

I think #2 is my fav - I like the crisp bike against the background of blurred bikes. I would agree with Chris though that I'd like to see a bit of the right side (behind her) cropped.
    ~Lillian~
    A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
    http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/