Critique & Thoughts Needed

SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
edited December 1, 2005 in Holy Macro
I am trying to put together a poster for my friend Rose's painting room. She enjoys painting, and does a lot of bottle painting.

I don't have any real portraits of her, but was able to cut her out of a random photo of her and her husband, and since this a surprise I can't get a new portrait.

I am tired, and will come back in awhile to look at it with fresh eyes, but in the mean time, does anyone have any thoughts? More elements, less elements, different font / size / layout. Scrap it and start over?

Thanks for any comments and thoughts,

Sam

Comments

• GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2005
    I think it needs just a bit of space under her face for one thing.
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2005
    Greeper, thanks for the thought. I will see if I can find something (body maybe) to put under her chin. The original photo has her husbands arm wrapped around her so all I have at the moment is the head. :D

38 views and only one comment! Good, bad, any ideas! This is a great person, and a nice poster with her bottles on it will mean a lot to her. I would like to make it the best I (or anyone else) can make.

Give me your ideas. Please :):

Sam
  • StormdancingStormdancing Registered Users Posts: 917 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2005
    I like the general layout of things.

I think the flower background needs to be softened a bit, I seem to want to look at it instead of her work.

The words - Just her name and artist.....hmmmm
    How about something more descriptive of her work?
    Dana
    ** Feel free to edit my photos if you see room for improvement.**
    Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if
    no birds sang there except those that sang best.
    ~Henry Van Dyke
  • MelPMelP Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2005
    GREAPER wrote:
    I think it needs just a bit of space under her face for one thing.
    I agree, it needs more room under the face. Overall, I think it looks nice. Like the colors. I'm sure she will love it.

Mel
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2005
    I appreciate every ones response. I have created 2 new variations and am trying post these with a poll attached.

Sam