Options

Nikon D200 Command Dial question

teamracephotosteamracephotos Registered Users Posts: 492 Major grins
edited April 12, 2013 in Cameras
Nikon D200 Manual Mode can the main and sub command dials work without having to depress the shutter?
I have been using a D2h. I could change aperture and shutter in between frames without having to depress the shutter.

Thank you for your time. Mark
“I love not man the less, but Nature more.”
— Lord Byron

Comments

• Options
    edited April 11, 2013
    Seymore wrote: »
    Should be able to. That's how my D200 works, in Manual Mode...

Thank for the reply. I have used a D200 but it's been a year, have been using a D2h. Right now if I am in manual mode take a shot, you have to depress the shutter button to get the command dials to activate. I tried resetting the menus. Looked in the manual did not find anything regarding it. Was thinking maybe I am just spoiled from the D2h it was very fast at responding, shutter, dials.
    — Lord Byron
  • Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2013
    The main culprit might be that your light meter is timing out too soon. Try setting it to a longer time, here:
    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond200/10

Also, down in the controls check to see what setting F6 is set to, and maybe try the opposite setting.
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Options
    edited April 12, 2013
    Thank you for the replies. Yes I think it was the light meter timer. Bought this a few days ago used with 13,000 clicks for $300. The manual is in Spanish (as if the manual is not confusing enough! for me it is ;D) I looked up the English version on Nikon site last night and figured it out. Thanks for the info. M
    — Lord Byron