Options

So I called Sigma about the new 120-300

EphTwoEightEphTwoEight Registered Users Posts: 552 Major grins
edited April 16, 2013 in Accessories
And he was like, "probably wont be out till summer, just get yourself a teleconverter" I asked if its going to be awesome or what, and he was like, "uh, its real big and heavy"
:dunno

Give that guy a raise!

Comments

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,827 moderator
    edited April 13, 2013
    The sad truth is that the "official" public channels in the manufacturers are the last to get information and the last to see any new products.

Internally, the Development (R&D) staff makes the prototypes and pre-production models. Then highest level Marketing is introduced to the new products so that they can get working on advertising spin. Selected photographers see new photographic products, for testing and evaluation, and then selected review sites see the products to develop their "previews".

Sales department generally see information about the products when Marketing decides to show them, and Service department are the last to get any information.

If you want conjecture and guesswork it's best to visit one of the "rumor" sites, but occasionally they get good information too.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    EphTwoEightEphTwoEight Registered Users Posts: 552 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2013
    Yeah I suppose. But if that was my employee, I'd can him. Even if it was sucky, he should be like, this new version will rock! And you'll definitely want to wait for it. Or something like that.
  • Options
    basfltbasflt Registered Users Posts: 1,882 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2013
    Yeah I suppose. But if that was my employee, I'd can him. Even if it was sucky, he should be like, this new version will rock! And you'll definitely want to wait for it. Or something like that.
    or , he could be honest , like ; don't know , wait until its released