Just a snapshot

knoxknox Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
edited December 4, 2005 in People
This was taken with my little point and shoot, so it isn't near the quality of photos I have seen on here. Nothing really artistic - However, I love the relaxed smile I caught. Can't wait till I get my DSLR :clap .

stace.JPG

Comments

• rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2005
    That is a nice smile. I think if you crop the sides in a little, and maybe up the brightness/contrast, or if you have Photoshop, the curves, it will be even lovley-erthumb.gif
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso
  • snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2005
    I agree. A very nice shot. Just a touch of curves could brighten it up and make it pop. Nice smile on a very pretty girl.clap.gif
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • knoxknox Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited December 4, 2005
    Thank you for the replies.

I tell ya, looking around this site is so much fun. There are so many talented photographers with such nice cameras. Couple that with an artist's vision and you have "eye candy" galore.

The wife is still up in the air regarding the DSLR. I think she is becoming more convinced with the pics I show her on this site compared to the ones I take with my point and shoot.

I hope to have some quality contributions soon. I am learning so much from reading everyone's posts that I don't even have to ask any questions right now. In addition, I have a book on the way regarding speed and aperture. That should be quite an education.
  • babybluetx23babybluetx23 Registered Users Posts: 150 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2005
    I hope ya dont mind, but I cropped it and played a little with brightness and contrast and color correction. Here is what I came up with:
    Cynthia Cox
    Arlington, Tx
    http://www.innovativeillusionsphoto.com/

OMP member #: 173034

Canon EOS 5D : Bogen 3051 tripod : Bogen Monopod : Bogen 3030 head unit : Canon Speedlight 580EX : Canon EF 28-200 F3.5 : Canon 70-200 f2.8L : Canon 24-70mm F2.8L and other Canon Gear

The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE." - Ernst Haas
  • knoxknox Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited December 4, 2005
    I hope ya dont mind, but I cropped it and played a little with brightness and contrast and color correction. Here is what I came up with:
    No, that looks great!

I suppose I need better editing software than Microsoft Paint, huh?:cry