Options

Bride Fashion

D3SshooterD3Sshooter Registered Users Posts: 1,187 Major grins
edited April 18, 2013 in People
I was asked during a wedding shoot to take a few Bride Fashion pictures for the local store magazine, the combination between a real wedding and fashion shoot is not easy. Yet , the bride was willing to work with me over the late lunch as she needed a smoke break.

Here is one of the pictures, and the reason that I place this one is to find out what you'll think of the processing. As that is the style that the store wanted. They have not seen it yet since I am not sure how it comes across (loss of detail is one concern for me) .....So, I would like to hear your views.
_DSC4077-Edit-Edit-XL.jpg
A photographer without a style, is like a pub without beer

Comments

• Options
    Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2013
    Well, it certainly isn't a traditional wedding look as processing goes. My tastes tend to lean traditional so my opinion on the processing most likely doesn't count.

I would ask though, were they looking for a bride that was angry about the fact that she was getting married?:D
  • Options
    D3SshooterD3Sshooter Registered Users Posts: 1,187 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2013
    Well, it certainly isn't a traditional wedding look as processing goes. My tastes tend to lean traditional so my opinion on the processing most likely doesn't count.

I would ask though, were they looking for a bride that was angry about the fact that she was getting married?:D

Thanks Bryce, the processing had to fit in the overall magazine. And the editor of the magazine wanted this kind of old / rough /blown-out / washed-out look. Its different indeed and that made it harder for me to process since I tend to lean towards more traditional toning/contrast when I make pictures. It was also the intend to have self assured brides, with serious looks and expressions. Hence the pose and look/expression. I will visit the editor of the magazine today. And No, your opinion and taste do matter as it confirms what I wanted to achieve, odd / different brides. Much apprecietedthumb.gif
    A photographer without a style, is like a pub without beer
  • Options
    D'BuggsD'Buggs Registered Users Posts: 958 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2013
    I always say give the customer what he/she wants.
  • Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2013
    It fits well within the European magazines I have seen, good job. If I was the magazine or dress owner I would be concerned about the loss of detail in the dress. Can you drop a slightly darker exposure variant over it and erase what you don't want? Just a thought.
  • Options
    Dooginfif20Dooginfif20 Registered Users Posts: 845 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2013
    I dont know about this one. This doesnt seem to be up to par with your previous work. It looks really point and shoot pop up flashy to me