Options

New Website (here we go again)

LiquidOpsLiquidOps Registered Users Posts: 835 Major grins
edited December 6, 2005 in Mind Your Own Business
ok... here we go again...

http://www.WanderingThroughLife.com isn't really doing it for me anymore... yes... I know... only 1 week old... haha

so... here's what i'm workin on now...

thoughts?

http://www.WanderingThroughLife.com/new

Thanks,

Steven
Wandering Through Life Photography
MM Portfolio

Canon 30D | Canon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 | Canon Speedlite 580ex

Comments

• Options
    morrisphotography2003morrisphotography2003 Registered Users Posts: 208 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2005
    Steve,

The problems that I see with it are probly personal ones.
    1. The first photo switches around a little to much, it sort of bothers me ( probly just me thou)
    2. You might want to switch the first and third photo around, keep the landscaping photo where it is.
    3. The buttons do not direct to proper page. ( clicked on them and nothing happened)
    4. And lastly it could go for a little bit of a design or color in the wallpaper background

Like I said Steve, these are just personal thoughts, just remember that you are your own boss and if you like the way it looks go with it because you will never be able to please everyone all at once.
    Good luck with your website's design and keep us up to date with your site, I will make sure to keep checking it to see your progress in the future.
    Bob.
  • Options
    edited November 30, 2005
    Steve,

The problems that I see with it are probly personal ones.
    1. The first photo switches around a little to much, it sort of bothers me ( probly just me thou)
    2. You might want to switch the first and third photo around, keep the landscaping photo where it is.
    3. The buttons do not direct to proper page. ( clicked on them and nothing happened)
    4. And lastly it could go for a little bit of a design or color in the wallpaper background

Like I said Steve, these are just personal thoughts, just remember that you are your own boss and if you like the way it looks go with it because you will never be able to please everyone all at once.
    Good luck with your website's design and keep us up to date with your site, I will make sure to keep checking it to see your progress in the future.
    Bob.
    Thank you for speaking your mind Bob.

The site is not finalized yet... so the links don't work and i was toying with image rotation just for fun. This is just the design stage for now, nothing production :)

Thanks again and I will try and think of something for the background/wallpaper as you mentioned.

Thank You,

Steven
    MM Portfolio

• Options
    edited December 3, 2005
    puh puh puhlease???ne_nau.gif
    MM Portfolio

• Options
    Eric&SusanEric&Susan Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2005
    I like the idea of the rotating pics but it leaves me wanting something, something is missing. Maybe it's just because it's a work in progress for you and the finishing details haven't been put together but it doesn't grab me. I've been trying to think of suggestions to make this better but I can't come up with anything.

Will you be using the same pics all the time or will they be totally random shots?

Sorry for not having any suggestions if I think of any I will post them laterne_nau.gif

Eric
    "My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

http://photosbyeric.smugmug.com
  • Options
    Se7enUKSe7enUK Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited December 6, 2005
    There are to many different fonts used, on the whole its well laid out though.