First time trying to shoot a live bug.

Mitch SealyMitch Sealy Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
edited April 24, 2013 in Holy Macro
Caught him in a cup and took him to my table top studio. It was a pain trying to get him to sit still lol Comments and helpful advice always welcome

8653757800_6e669b31ef_b.jpg

Comments

• kithylinkithylin Registered Users Posts: 229 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2013
    Your situation is the main reason I have never even tried to photo bugs at all. Getting them to be still long enough to even get any kind of shot in focus is a bigger challenge than the composition in the first place.

Good job at succeeding though! thumb.gif I wonder how many shots it took you to get this......
    Sony Alpha SLT-A35 16.5 MP DSLR
    Minolta AF Zoom 70-210 F/4.5-5.6
    Minolta AF Zoom 35-70 F/3.5-4.5
    Places I post my work DeviantArt & FLICKR
  • Rob PauzaRob Pauza Registered Users Posts: 119 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2013
    Nice result nonetheless. I tried my hand at bugs tonight as well. They definitely do not cooperate. :)

-Rob
    -Rob Pauza
    Rob Pauza Photography
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2013
    Lovely capture. It's much more satisfying to track and shoot bugs in their normal environment. However many bugs will stop and eat a drop of honey or similar unfortunately spiders are not one of them.

Brian V.
  • Mitch SealyMitch Sealy Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited April 16, 2013
    Thanks everyone. It took me about 30 shots to get one properly focused and even then i had to crop a little to get the composition i wanted. I'll be ordering some stuff to make my flash bracket setup so i hope to have some more natural settings soon. :)
  • GOLDENORFEGOLDENORFE Super Moderators Posts: 4,747 moderator
    edited April 23, 2013
    well done, exposure good. always have to shoot loads to get just one or two good ones in macro with moving bugs lol
  • IPClarkIPClark Registered Users Posts: 2,355 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2013
    Yeah I'd agree this is a great shot. You did well. It's not easy but you learn their little ways and adapt to them hehe.

Well done.
  • carlogallianicarlogalliani Registered Users Posts: 769 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2013
    Very good shot !