My new DIY editing workstation - in all oak glory

michaelglennmichaelglenn Registered Users Posts: 442 Major grins
edited May 9, 2013 in People
I wanted to share this with you guys, since I post in this forum category the most. My buddy and I spent the last few months designing + working on a desk and three shelves. Everything was built out of oak plywood. I'm really excited to start editing model sessions soon with this new setup! :thumb

szxc8M1.jpg

0CNHhyV.jpg

A524LoG.jpg

0mk4ECp.jpg
wedding portfolio michaelglennphoto.com
fashion portfolio michaelglennfashion.com

Comments

• divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2013
    I love that beer plays an integral part in the process... rolleyes1.gif
  • michaelglennmichaelglenn Registered Users Posts: 442 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2013
    divamum wrote: »
    I love that beer plays an integral part in the process... rolleyes1.gif

Haha! Beer fuels my creativity, Diva. :slurp
  • GSJonGSJon Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited April 17, 2013
    Looks really good. Shouldn't the beer and rum be on a lower shelf a little more easily accessable :)
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,078 moderator
    edited April 17, 2013
    Haha! Beer fuels my creativity, Diva. :slurp
    GSJon wrote: »
    Looks really good. Shouldn't the beer and rum be on a lower shelf a little more easily accessable :)

He said "creativity", not "productivity". mwink.gif

@Michael, Is that AA plywood? My house has oak floors (downstairs), an oak staircase and oak trim. I love the look of oak. clap.gif
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
    edited April 17, 2013
    GSJon wrote: »

If they were bottles full of alcohol, it would be a sin to leave em up there! rolleyes1.gif
    ziggy53 wrote: »
    He said "creativity", not "productivity". mwink.gif

@Michael, Is that AA plywood? My house has oak floors (downstairs), an oak staircase and oak trim. I love the look of oak. clap.gif

Hey! It's hard to produce work hammered. I practice so in the event that I'm sober, I'll be that much more efficient thumb.gif (I think I convinced all of Dgrin that I'm an alcoholic XD)

As for the plywood, I believe it was AA. It was one of the more expensive grades of oak plywood you could buy.
  • EphTwoEightEphTwoEight Registered Users Posts: 552 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2013
    Very cool! Now update to the new retina screen Mac and really SEE them pics!
    edited April 18, 2013
    Very cool! Now update to the new retina screen Mac and really SEE them pics!

Oh man, I wish I had the funds. Currently running a 2008 MBP. My OS is so out of date, I can't even run the newest LR4..sigh.

I still remember my first experience with a retina display screen. I second shot for my buddy Brandon for the first time. He is really good, so I made sure I was on my A-game at that wedding. He goes to load off his pictures, and I couldn't believe how amazing the quality was on the screen. I got nervous when he uploaded mine, because I thought they wouldn't look nearly as vibrant. And boy was I wrong! I was drooling over the difference in quality.
  • EphTwoEightEphTwoEight Registered Users Posts: 552 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2013
    Oh man, I wish I had the funds. Currently running a 2008 MBP. My OS is so out of date, I can't even run the newest LR4..sigh.

I still remember my first experience with a retina display screen. I second shot for my buddy Brandon for the first time. He is really good, so I made sure I was on my A-game at that wedding. He goes to load off his pictures, and I couldn't believe how amazing the quality was on the screen. I got nervous when he uploaded mine, because I thought they wouldn't look nearly as vibrant. And boy was I wrong! I was drooling over the difference in quality.

Yeah, I thought my focus was all goofy, but the pics on the new Mac really surprised me.
  • laurenornotlaurenornot Registered Users Posts: 167 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2013
    Beautiful! Wish I had the space for a workstation like that. Would love to get off the couch...