DSC_0489-L.jpg

7. HR Jube!!
DSC_0508-L.jpg

CC Welcome as always-

Comments

• Options
    schlpicschlpic Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    edited April 20, 2013
    Great images and action (love to see green grass!)
    We had an ice storm with some snow last week and 6" of snow again this Thur-Fri in Minnesota (yuck!), not sure when our fields will be ready--ugh!
  • Options
    OldGuyOldGuy Registered Users Posts: 301 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2013
    schlpic wrote: »
    Great images and action (love to see green grass!)
    We had an ice storm with some snow last week and 6" of snow again this Thur-Fri in Minnesota (yuck!), not sure when our fields will be ready--ugh!

Thanks, you have my sympathies. As long as you don't shovel all that weather South!eek7.gifwink

Regards,
  • Options
    perronefordperroneford Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2013
    Love the way you shoot...
  • Options
    edited April 23, 2013
    Love the way you shoot...

Thanks for the kind words!:D

Regards,
  • Options
    AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2013
    These would have to be some of the cleanest images I have seen on the internet. The clarity is superb. You have captures the effort of the girls in their facial expressions so well and of course the last image typifies the camaraderie in sport ... and why I think its so valuable for kids to play team sports for at least a while.
    #5: I really can't believe how some-one can pitch a ball like that (baseball is not big in Australia, but I guess this is what they call a "knuckle" ball?)
    The expression of the girl in #4 and #5 is so intense. You have captured her determination and competitiveness very well.
    A most enjoyable set - thanks for sharing.
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • Options
    edited April 24, 2013
    AceCo55 wrote: »
    These would have to be some of the cleanest images I have seen on the internet. The clarity is superb. You have captures the effort of the girls in their facial expressions so well and of course the last image typifies the camaraderie in sport ... and why I think its so valuable for kids to play team sports for at least a while.
    #5: I really can't believe how some-one can pitch a ball like that (baseball is not big in Australia, but I guess this is what they call a "knuckle" ball?)
    The expression of the girl in #4 and #5 is so intense. You have captured her determination and competitiveness very well.
    A most enjoyable set - thanks for sharing.

Thanks Ace for the kind words. bowdown.gif

Regards,
  • Options
    IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2013
    These are really nice! I especially like #2 & #3.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Options
    edited April 25, 2013
    Icebear wrote: »
    These are really nice! I especially like #2 & #3.

Thanks John.:D

Regards,
  • Options
    HungryHungry Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited April 27, 2013
    Great shots - timing, content, cropping, sharpness, color. Obviously you have the timing down and are dealing with the lighting well.

how far back are you from the subjects and are you shooting 70-200 or ??

the pitcher shots look like they are just left of the backstop, others from down the first base line a bit. Are you shooting through a fence? And, manually focusing?. Looks like you have a fairly deep depth of field - so you could be shooting a shorter lens. Do I see a little noise reduction effect? if so, you would have been using a higher iso.

And, so many of the shots that are posted are technical - where the photographer is saying "look at me" and the viewer doesn't care much. In these, you have shown the athletes such that your skills are the vehicle to see them. I like the fearsome look of the pitcher and the 'you got me' look on the player sliding in to base. And, I can hear the batter grunt as she tries so hard to make the bunt - probably to advance the runner. Great job.
  • Options
    edited April 28, 2013
    Hungry wrote: »
    Great shots - timing, content, cropping, sharpness, color. Obviously you have the timing down and are dealing with the lighting well.

how far back are you from the subjects and are you shooting 70-200 or ??

the pitcher shots look like they are just left of the backstop, others from down the first base line a bit. Are you shooting through a fence? And, manually focusing?. Looks like you have a fairly deep depth of field - so you could be shooting a shorter lens. Do I see a little noise reduction effect? if so, you would have been using a higher iso.

And, so many of the shots that are posted are technical - where the photographer is saying "look at me" and the viewer doesn't care much. In these, you have shown the athletes such that your skills are the vehicle to see them. I like the fearsome look of the pitcher and the 'you got me' look on the player sliding in to base. And, I can hear the batter grunt as she tries so hard to make the bunt - probably to advance the runner. Great job.

Thanks Hungry,

I was using my 300 f4, @ f4, ISO 1600, Auto WB. The pitcher shots were taken through the fence just left and behind the catcher. The rest were shot from the 3rd base side. All auto focus and cropped tight. Very minimal NR.

Regards,