Options

Did new price structure change since it was announced?

cal_geckocal_gecko Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
edited April 20, 2013 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
It's been a while since SM announced the smugmungous price hikes.. fortunately, my renewal doesn't come up until June, so I've been procrastinating on taking any action.. but now that the time is nearing, I'm exploring options. I'm currently paying the grandfathered $99/yr Pro plan with SM, and it makes NO sense for me to pay $300/yr for the same service after my renewal.. I looked at Zenfolio, and it's a little bit less expensive ($250/yr) for comparable services (custom pricing, huge file sizes, ability to choose labs, etc).. I'm willing to move over to them (and I'll get a 20% promo to use for my first year, bringing it down to $200 for the first year), but am trying to determine whether SM had any change of heart in their new pricing plans after they first announced them.. will the Pro plan (I think it's technically called "Business") still be $300 for long time customers like me? I tried to find the link for live Pro support to ask the question, but can't find it anywhere...
Canon 5D MkIII
Canon 24-105 f/4L IS
Canon 70-300 f/4-5.6L IS
Canon 17-40 f/4L
Sennheiser MKE400 shotgun Mic

Comments

• Options
    TheOnlookerTheOnlooker Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2013
    cal_gecko wrote: »
    It's been a while since SM announced the smugmungous price hikes.. fortunately, my renewal doesn't come up until June, so I've been procrastinating on taking any action.. but now that the time is nearing, I'm exploring options. I'm currently paying the grandfathered $99/yr Pro plan with SM, and it makes NO sense for me to pay $300/yr for the same service after my renewal.. I looked at Zenfolio, and it's a little bit less expensive ($250/yr) for comparable services (custom pricing, huge file sizes, ability to choose labs, etc).. I'm willing to move over to them (and I'll get a 20% promo to use for my first year, bringing it down to $200 for the first year), but am trying to determine whether SM had any change of heart in their new pricing plans after they first announced them.. will the Pro plan (I think it's technically called "Business") still be $300 for long time customers like me? I tried to find the link for live Pro support to ask the question, but can't find it anywhere...

The price for you is not $300/year. Since you are in at the $99/year amount, your price would only be up to $200/year.

Certainly keep your eyes open for updates, and hopefully soon. There are some things going on that we are unable to speak of, but can't wait to share with the rest of you. thumb.gif

-KevinW
    Support Hero