For all you in high summer, some autumn/winter Acer leaf colour

Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
edited December 3, 2005 in Holy Macro
Couple of macros of leaves on my acers before they all disappear.
Brian V.

46656350-L.jpg

46656357-L.jpg

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2005
    They Look Like Leather
    Couple of macros of leaves on my acers before they all disappear.
    Brian V.
    Geez Brian how closely do they resemble leather :D
    I love how you've done these shots........ the texture, the colours, sharpness....yup work never seizes to amaze me thumb.gifclap.gif Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • SirArmstrongSirArmstrong Registered Users Posts: 249 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2005
    Very cool shot. Organic pixilation?
    Steve

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter."

Ansel Adams
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2005
    Skippy wrote:
    Geez Brian how closely do they resemble leather :D
    I love how you've done these shots........ the texture, the colours, sharpness....yup work never seizes to amaze me thumb.gifclap.gif Skippy (Australia)
    Thanks Skippy,
    Weather was wet and windy yesterday,so I got fed up with trying to do these on the trees (no bugs around either) - picked a few leaves and took them inside to photograph. Tried a few different light (flash) set ups and these seemed to come out best.I just love the patterning you see on them closeup and you are right the texture n the first one does look like leather.
    Brian V.
    edited December 2, 2005
    Very cool shot. Organic pixilation?
    Thans you Sir,
    Think I'd call them organic tesselations :)
    Brian V.
  • SirArmstrongSirArmstrong Registered Users Posts: 249 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2005
    Thans you Sir,
    Think I'd call them organic tesselations :)
    Brian V.
    Ok, I just learned a new word. I had to look it up - this certainly is a better description of these leaves. Perhaps it is a pixilated tessellation. icon10.gif
    Thanks for expanding my vocabulary and visual enjoyment.

tessellation - to form or arrange small squares in a checkered or mosaic pattern. The word "tessellate" is derived from the Ionic version of the Greek word "tesseres," which in English means "four." The first tilings were made from square tiles. A regular polygon has 3 or 4 or 5 or more sides and angles, all equal. A regular tessellation means a tessellation made up of congruent regular polygons.
    Steve

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter."

Ansel Adams
    edited December 3, 2005
    Ok, I just learned a new word. I had to look it up - this certainly is a better description of these leaves. Perhaps it is a pixilated tessellation. icon10.gif
    Thanks for expanding my vocabulary and visual enjoyment.

tessellation - to form or arrange small squares in a checkered or mosaic pattern. The word "tessellate" is derived from the Ionic version of the Greek word "tesseres," which in English means "four." The first tilings were made from square tiles. A regular polygon has 3 or 4 or 5 or more sides and angles, all equal. A regular tessellation means a tessellation made up of congruent regular polygons.
    Think your description of pixelated tessellation is excellent :): . Didn't know the official definition, but I'm a fan of Escher who does tesselleted paintings and it remined me of them, which I suspect is why I wanted to do a closeup of the leaves in the first place.
    Brian V.