Black spider

craigmancraigman Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
edited December 1, 2005 in Holy Macro
A picture of a spider that was crawling on a fence post.

39901500-S.jpg

Comments

• JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2005
    can't see the picture
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2005
    craigman wrote:
    I posted the url from the picture after hitting the photo button. What am I doing wrong?
    You can't just post a url containing the website the picture is in - you have to use the direct link.
    This is how you do it:
    Go to the picture on your site - there under the picture you see some image info including a section called 'share photo'. There you click on the 'links, forums, blogs' link which takes you to a page where direct links for all sizes are for you to integrate into forums like dgrin.
    Keep in mind that posting a picture in a forum like dgrin or everywhere else in populated places will result in a considerable amount of bandwith, but if you don't post a couple of hundreds pictures per months you should be fine. :):

Hope this helps. Scary, but great picture by the way - hope not to see such a thing in my room. :uhoh How big was it actually?

Sebastian

EDIT: Looks like you already figured it out - great!
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • craigmancraigman Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited December 1, 2005
    thanks
    I fixed the picture as you can see. The spider was tiny, smaller than a penny. Thanks for the help.
  • Frog LadyFrog Lady Registered Users Posts: 1,091 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2005
    cool
    looking spider. Were the green fangs for real?

Colleen
    Colleen
    check out my (sports) pics: ColleenBonney.smugmug.com

*Thanks to Boolsacho for the avatar photo (from the dgrin portrait project)
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2005
    Ah the famous Max Factor jumping spider.:):

Great shot- I know it's real, I've seen shots of these before- still think it's been at the makeup though.rolleyes1.gif
    Brian V.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2005
    He's a Beauty
    craigman wrote:
    A picture of a spider that was crawling on a fence post.
    Is that a Jumping Spider?
    My what big eyes he has rolleyes1.gif all the better to see you with hu Craig nod.gif

The green above his fans look great, it's almost like you had a black and white picture and you coloured just that one section.

It's not easy to photograph bugs is it......ya find them and then the little tackers just do their thing while your trying to do your thing rolleyes1.gif

Great Shot........ Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin