8679924399_789abce982_z.jpg

8678605903_91b0406f81_z.jpg

8679625054_217753f794_z.jpg

8679487038_3dbf87e38d_z.jpg

:dunno

Comments

• QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2013
    all of them are pretty good..1st is my favorite. #3 needs the negative space in front of her and some fill on her legs
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • AlTheKillerAlTheKiller Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2013
    The fill on her legs would have helped a ton. Ive got just under two weeks to keep trying so Im going to get back into the studio and fix that one up. This was also the first time shooting with a Mamiya medium format camera. It was pretty sweet
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2013
    Nice exposures and skin color on 1-2 & 4. Maybe a tad warm but I like them warm. Ditto on the space thing on 2 & 4.

3 looks like you missed your exposure and had to pull the exposure up to get the detail in the shadows you wanted and that blew out the highlights on the arms and legs. Possibly as a result you've got some noise on the lower part of the legs and odd coloring.

Best of luck with the class.
  • shmingshming Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited April 25, 2013
    Hey I was just browsing flickr and came across this set - just added you as a contact too --- so look for Kendell and Evelyn Grace - or KLinh Evelyn Grace Photography. Nice pics by the way clap.gif
    KLinh
    Klinh Evelyn Grace Photography
    Fashion & Commercial
    (2)Mamiya RZ67 IID, Mamiya 645 AFD II, Leaf Aptus 65, Profoto D1's, Capture One.
    http://www.klinhevelyngracephotography.com
  • AlTheKillerAlTheKiller Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2013
    Hackbone wrote: »
    Nice exposures and skin color on 1-2 & 4. Maybe a tad warm but I like them warm. Ditto on the space thing on 2 & 4.

3 looks like you missed your exposure and had to pull the exposure up to get the detail in the shadows you wanted and that blew out the highlights on the arms and legs. Possibly as a result you've got some noise on the lower part of the legs and odd coloring.

Best of luck with the class.

thank you for the critique. On 3 the exposure was pretty off partly because I wasnt paying attention to the beauty dish (hot spot on the wrist) and the back light was spilling into the subject (the blown out portion on our left). Lighting wasnt great but I did like the pose and the model liked that photo. The legs are what really bother me about it. Ill hopefully find time to get back in and redo that one or scrap it and replace it with something entirely different.
    shming wrote: »
    Hey I was just browsing flickr and came across this set - just added you as a contact too --- so look for Kendell and Evelyn Grace - or KLinh Evelyn Grace Photography. Nice pics by the way clap.gif

thanks for the ad! Im looking forward to being able to do this all day long :D