On the Gran Vía

RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
edited May 1, 2013 in Street and Documentary

Comments

• PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2013
    Under surveillance is what immediately came to mind. Nice one Richard. Perfect DOF.
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
    ... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography
  • EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2013
    Amusing expression... and sort of an implied connection.
    Recent statistic I heard - 6 Billion cell phones on earth now.
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2013
    He is hoping she will take his call,but she is not sure who it is calling her.
  • mayflymayfly Registered Users Posts: 232 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2013
    Great story and nice capture of the guy's expression.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited April 29, 2013
    Thanks for commenting, all. Eric nailed it with "implied connection." I liked the shot because it seems to tell a story, but I'm pretty sure it's entirely fictional, an artifact of framing contrivance. Makes me think about how you don't need processing tricks to lie with a camera.
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2013
    Love the idea.

It looks like the sun is coming from the back-left. Did you lift the shadows much? The reason I ask is that there is a fair amount of noise on the front of the bus as well as on the woman. Plus she seems a little bright.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited May 1, 2013
    michswiss wrote: »
    Love the idea.

It looks like the sun is coming from the back-left. Did you lift the shadows much? The reason I ask is that there is a fair amount of noise on the front of the bus as well as on the woman. Plus she seems a little bright.
    I didn't raise the shadows at all, actually. I went back and looked at the original and found that there was lots of noise in the red channel. Easy enough to fix, I suppose. Thanks for pointing this out--I hadn't even noticed. thumb.gif