LR5 Test

Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
edited May 5, 2013 in People
I downloaded the LR 5 Beta the other day and started playing with it. This is one that I used the Radial Filter on, as a test. What do you think? :dunno C&C welcome.

Camera - Nikon D300
Lens - Tamron 28 - 75
Focal Length - 75mm
Aperture - f/2.8
SS - 1/125

i-psw9VMh-L.jpg

GaryB
GaryB
“The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams

Comments

• HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2013
    Not being mean but don't like the filter the way its used.
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2013
    I have to agree with Charles on this one.

Sam
  • VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2013
    what strikes me is that half of her face is dark, is this from the filter or from the exposure from part shade?
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • coolpinskycoolpinsky Registered Users Posts: 211 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2013
    do not know what happen here - half of the face is dark , half bright - you pushed to much with whitening the eyes and the teeth
  • Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2013
    Sorry it took so long to reply. It's been crazy at work and have been working a lot of over time lately at my day job! I sure will be glad when things settle back down so I can get a little more time to work at improving my photography. I have a little over a year to go and then I can semi-retire (plan on working part-time) and then I should have plenty of time to practice!
    Hackbone wrote: »
    Not being mean but don't like the filter the way its used.

Hack...This was just a test to see what the filter actually can do. It's not how I intend to use it in the future. But I do see how it can be useful in some situations.
    VayCayMom wrote: »
    what strikes me is that half of her face is dark, is this from the filter or from the exposure from part shade?

For this test, I dropped the exposure slightly, then applied the filter. If I had just applied the filter, the filtered part would have been way over exposed. I seen this done on a Creative Live Workshop by Jared Platt, and just grabbed the first photo I found to gave it a try.
    coolpinsky wrote: »
    do not know what happen here - half of the face is dark , half bright - you pushed to much with whitening the eyes and the teeth

Cool...The half dark and half bright is from the use of the radial filter in LR5 beta. I didn't do anything other than applying the radial filter. Originally I had set the white balance off her teeth because she had just had her braces removed and teeth cleaned a few days before. Maybe that's why they look like that, but I didn't do anything else. I just wanted to test out the radial filter.

GaryB
    GaryB
    “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams