Options

Pricelists on Portfolio

jrhesseyjrhessey Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
edited April 30, 2013 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Is there anyway to be able to have a special pricing for family? I understand the we can only have one pricelist for portfolio subscriptions, but I would like to give family members a little bit of a discount compared to other clients. I'm open to all options. Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Options
    ZBlackZBlack Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2013
    I don't think there is a way to have that functionality at the Portfolio level as you were thinking. At least not so they can order without your involvement. You would need to be able to use coupons or a separate gallery with a second pricelist as far as I know to get the automation. I suppose you could have them pay you directly then you can order them, but that's not very convenient.
  • Options
    mbellotmbellot Registered Users Posts: 465 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2013
    jrhessey wrote: »
    Is there anyway to be able to have a special pricing for family? I understand the we can only have one pricelist for portfolio subscriptions, but I would like to give family members a little bit of a discount compared to other clients. I'm open to all options. Thanks for any help!

Nope.

With Portfolio you have two choices.

1. Not For Sale
    2. For Sale at whatever prices are currently active

IMHO it's one of the dumbest moves SM made. Having a "commerce" level account with only one active price list is beyond stupid.

I've pretty much resigned myself to sticking with SM for another year, but I don't know if it will be at the Business or Portfolio level. Other than another active price list or two I just don't use the features that Pro gets you, so it's very hard to justify the extra money.
  • Options
    edited April 30, 2013
    First off, thanks for taking the time to answer. Everyone is saying 1 active pricelist. Are you able to have more than one saved and able to make one active over another, or can you only have one pricelist period? Thanks again!
  • Options
    zacHer0zacHer0 Registered Users Posts: 655 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2013
    First off, thanks for taking the time to answer. Everyone is saying 1 active pricelist. Are you able to have more than one saved and able to make one active over another, or can you only have one pricelist period? Thanks again!
    You can only have 1 active pricelist at any given time with the Portfolio account but you can have as many saved pricelists as you want and swap them when you need to.

To make a pricelist you active pricelist, go into that pricelist then check the box next to "Make this my default pricelist" then click Apply Changes.
    Zac Williams
    Support Hero
  • Options
    edited April 30, 2013
    Ok, that at least sounds like I could activate the "family" pricelist and let the purchase their photos and switch it back as soon as they are done. Do you know if there are any discussions on a second pricelist for portfolio users Zac? Thanks guys!
  • Options
    zacHer0zacHer0 Registered Users Posts: 655 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2013
    Yep, you can always switch pricelists when you know they will be ordering. Don't forget to switch back before someone orders prints at the family prices mwink.gif.
    Do you know if there are any discussions on a second pricelist for portfolio users Zac? Thanks guys!
    Sorry no, not at this time.
    Zac Williams
    Support Hero
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2013
    Smugmug, I think you're pissing off a whole bunch of portfolio subscription members that have families
    and want to sell to them at default base no-profit cost. Shame on you.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    mbellotmbellot Registered Users Posts: 465 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2013
    allen wrote: »
    smugmug, i think you're pissing off a whole bunch of portfolio subscription members that have families
    and want to sell to them at default base no-profit cost. Shame on you.

+1000