Danielle, editorial

OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
edited January 4, 2006 in People
editorial.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Comments

• JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2005
    WOW!!! Absolutely amazing! What a great way to display some great shots!
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2005
    JimM wrote:
    WOW!!! Absolutely amazing! What a great way to display some great shots!
    Thanks! I had so many more favorites to put on, too!
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2005
    very, very professional! Great job. Not much to say, same, good model, wonderful set, etc, and you went with it!

Wonderful photos, and you picked good. But don't you love/hate it when you can't put them ALL up.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2005
    rolleyes1.gif I have a 14 year old, she wants to model - but she won't be modeling sexy adult poses, and for sure won't be posing on a bed like that. Don't get me wrong, I'm no prude - and those close to me know that lol3.gif

Nice work, Owen - really - and she is a lovely model. You're very lucky to be able to work with her. I just don't get the whole "teen girl having to look like an adult pose thing." Is this what 15 year old girls have to do to get ahead in the modeling biz? umph.gif
  • coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2005
    Andy wrote:
    rolleyes1.gif I have a 14 year old, she wants to model - but she won't be modeling sexy adult poses, and for sure won't be posing on a bed like that. Don't get me wrong, I'm no prude - and those close to me know that lol3.gif

Nice work, Owen - really - and she is a lovely model. You're very lucky to be able to work with her. I just don't get the whole "teen girl having to look like an adult pose thing." Is this what 15 year old girls have to do to get ahead in the modeling biz? umph.gif
    I wondered about this too Andy. I'll freely admit, some of those poses look extremely sexy to me. If that's what you were going for, you did an excellent job, but if the BEAUTY of a young girl is the emphasis, I'm afraid it's slightly drowned out.

I'm only 19, but if I DID have a daughter, and she WAS that beautiful, I'd try to keep the photography out of the bedroom. thumb.gif

I LOVE stuff like that first shot in the upper left though. Awesome!
    John Borland
    www.morffed.com
    edited December 1, 2005
    No, definitely not. These weren't meant to be seductive or sensual by any means (they may come across that way, but we were just having fun!) but were meant to be fashion, or editorial in style. Danielle has a wide variety of pictures in her portfolio from other photographers, including some cutesy, teeny pictures, beauty shots and more "edgy" stuff. In a year or less she has the potential to be walking down runways and shooting campaigns for the worlds top photographers... best to get put into situations now than when she's vulnerable (and paid.) When I posed her on the bed (she came up with the poses, I just old her where to do them), I didn't think of the bed or bedroom as anything sexual. When I thought about it, in such a small room the bed was really the only place she could chill on. It's a bit come hither but not too over the top. I mean, her mom was there, and she's a school teacher. I wasn't pushing any limits with Danielle, and didn't try to (nor ever would.) Not only would I be uncomfortable (as a 17 year old myself), but I wouldn't want to put her in that position.

The shocking part of the modeling business is that by 16 you should be breaking in, by 19 you should be reaching the top of your career, and at 26 you're "old". So by 19, you're an adult... you think you pose like a child for the first 5 years of your career? Most runway models are under the age of 20, and campaign models, which often include nudity. *shrugs* Lisa Cant, now 19, got the Italian Vogue cover at 16... one of the most prestigous covers to model/shoot for in photography, with both breasts showing.

That said, I was *not* going for sexy.. honestly. :P

Thanks for the comments and compliments! Ironically, the picture in the top left she was standing in the shower. Laughing.gif.
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2005
    Four Thumbs Up!
    Owen, great work!clap.gif
    Seriously, man, truly great!thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
    edited December 2, 2005
    Thanks, Nik!
  • JnicholsJnichols Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2005
    I am truely in awe of your talent. What an awesome job! I understand the fashion industry as you explained it. The girls pursuing a modeling career HAVE to start young before they get old and turn 25 eek7.gif She's beautiful and it's hard to believe she's only 15.

What type of lighting do you use for these shots?

Keep it coming - I look forward to your posts!clap.gif
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,079 moderator
    edited December 2, 2005
    The pressures of professional modeling and modeling competition are severe. Anybody remember JonBenet Ramsey? That little girl was 7 and dressed up like 17.

http://www.newprophecy.net/Jon_Benet_modeling.jpg
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2005
    I found both the photos and the responses interesting. Have to laugh at Andy's "I'm no prude, but NOT MY DAUGHTER!"

Before you get yourself in a snit, if I had a daughter I would be the same way, so I do understand the response. :D

As a note, this is below my alarm threshold, but getting there. If she was my daughter the alarm would be ringing.

Owns response is articulate, well thought out, and unfortunately contains some truth. Unfortunately because many of these young woman will succumb to the money, and pressure before they are mature, or smart enough to see the pitfalls.

I see two young people trying to learn, and improve there respective interests. One invaluable aspect of this for Owen is to be able to hear and have the opportunity to evaluate an alternate viewpoint.

Sam
  • PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2006
    Hi, Owen
    Great photos!clap.gif

Take Care,
    Chuck
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
    edited January 4, 2006