Options

20 mins still processing uploads

2»

Comments

• Options
    durenduren Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2013
    I did the same thing and I am experiencing the same thing.
    jrporcaro wrote: »
    I am seeing the same thing. I have left the gallery for over 4 hours. finally I deleted it and I am re-uploading but it looks like I am seeing the same problem.

http://www.maplemountainsports.com/Sophomore/2013/Sky-View-2013
  • Options
    CaoimhinCaoimhin Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited August 31, 2013
    Stull stuck, no progress at all in the past four hours...
  • Options
    jellybiscuitjellybiscuit Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited August 31, 2013
    What they should have done, and still do for that matter, is to update their status with a more accurate message. "may take several minutes to process" is clearly inaccurate and only contributing to the complaints.

The current wait time is at least several hours. At that point, it's probably worth considering disabling uploads until they get their shit together.
  • Options
    SventekozSventekoz Registered Users Posts: 500 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2013
    I wonder if Andy will post an apology. Probably not.
    John
  • Options
    edited August 31, 2013
    I just attempted a single upload to a different gallery, no luck, it time out. Hope this is corrected soon, I have wedding photos waiting to upload.
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2013
    Tried again - still no joy. Client waiting for an image :(
  • Options
    ReturningHomeReturningHome Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited August 31, 2013
    Hoping this is resolved soon..... very frustrating..... the weekends are when I get the most chance to update my site, and my weekend is dwindling away.....
  • Options
    slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,194 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2013
    Same issues here. I've been trying all day to upload 3 pictures. All I get is "processing" and nothing beyond that.

Sherry
  • Options
    poosloopoosloo Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited August 31, 2013
    Stuck in Processing now
    Seems that smugmug has had some real issues lately, it would be nice to hear from them via email once in a while.....

I too have uploaded some images that are now stuck in processing. These things never happened before the overhaul... I wonder when all these problems will be resolved.

I used to feel that smugmug was different than all the big tech companies, but now I feel like they are in over their heads.... They must have a lot of upset customers. It seems like every time I log in now there's a new issue to deal with. Very sad.
  • Options
    edited August 31, 2013
    You can view and subscribe to status updates here:

http://status.smugmug.com/

In my experience they are a very responsive company. I've never had any real complaints until today and hopefully we'll return to smooth sailing sooner than later - many people are depending on this functionality.
  • Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2013
    QBiC wrote: »
    I had 2 images processed out of 40 in the last 2-3 hours.
    The entire site is actually quite slow too...

We are still getting through the queue, and all photos should be caught up soon. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.
  • Options
    Lesley BrayLesley Bray Registered Users Posts: 143 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2013
    Hello - my image uploaded okay last night - but I cannot view it - just has the processing icon showing - so I re uploaded it this morning - still cannot view it - still has processing icon in place of image. Lesley

Update : My original uploaded photo has just appeared - thank you - it took just over 12 hours. Lesley
  • Options
    baldbubbabaldbubba Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited August 31, 2013
    the price for an account doubled!!! the service is about half as good as it was,,,,, i have 98 shots "processing" has been 2 hours!!! can i get a refund?? come on this an issue,, why cant it be fixed??? NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER,,, buyers of my shots are waitiing,, why cant you provide what has been promised an paid for???
  • Options
    Dogwalker2720Dogwalker2720 Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited August 31, 2013
    guys, my photos are up... seems like the system is finally catching up. Give it a little more time, I think it should clear up.
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2013
    Working again for me now :)
  • Options
    FergusonFerguson Registered Users Posts: 1,339 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2013
    Just for the record, the problem continues for me. It was here before the new Smugmug, and is here afterwards. A few random images take a long time, like 30 minutes as opposed to 30-50 seconds. Here's a stat page to demonstrate, you can see one is a series of pitching shots - same camera, same general size, nothing special. Notice one is at over 30 minutes, the rest under a minute.

This is an issue that is NOT a new Smugmug issue for me. Maybe I'll try a help desk ticket.

i-Sd75FRW-O.jpg
  • Options
    Darter02Darter02 Registered Users Posts: 947 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2013
    I encountered this a lot yesterday. I ended up deleting the ones I was waiting for an re-uploading them. Then they'd appear. Not fun.
  • Options
    FergusonFerguson Registered Users Posts: 1,339 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2013
    Well, it's a feature. No wonder they aren't reacting to this thread.

Here is the entire answer I got (very quickly!) from the support desk, after passing on the same 30 minutes vs. 30 seconds example:
    Hi Linwood,

Tristan here from SmugMug. Thank you for writing. I apologize that's happening.
    This looks fairly normal. The vast majority of your uploaded images are processing within 30 seconds or less, however at times the system needs longer to work on specific images.
    I apologize for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,
    Tristan
    Support Hero