The Fat Lady Sings

PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
edited May 10, 2013 in Street and Documentary
I dug out this photo to get a print for a photography buddy and thought this qualifies as documentary given the band's rocky history together :D This was taken at the end of their final performance, MSG 2008.

-577-L.jpg
The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography

Comments

• lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2013
    Well executed Patti - good timing !
  • PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2013
    Thanks for looking :0)
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer

patti hinton photography
  • LightsearcherLightsearcher Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2013
    Wow, what a great picture.

I love the B&W conversion.

Marcelo
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2013
    Really like the connection between the performer and the adoring fans, both emotional and lighting...
    edited May 9, 2013
    Wow, what a great picture.

I love the B&W conversion.

Marcelo
    rainbow wrote: »
    Really like the connection between the performer and the adoring fans, both emotional and lighting...

Much appreciated folks. Thanks for taking time to comment.

patti hinton photography
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited May 10, 2013
    Excellent concert pic. The POV nails the contact of performer and audience. thumb.gif
  • EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2013
    What a great moment, captured so well... nice work!
    As a long-time concert-goer I find the pre-printed signs peculiar - old school sensibilities I guess.
    Eric ~ Smugmug
    edited May 10, 2013
    Richard wrote: »
    Excellent concert pic. The POV nails the contact of performer and audience. thumb.gif

Thanks Richard.

Earache wrote: »
    What a great moment, captured so well... nice work!
    As a long-time concert-goer I find the pre-printed signs peculiar - old school sensibilities I guess.

The signs were produced in quantity by a Police fan to hand out to other fans for the final date of the reunion tour. It was an emotional night for fans. We never thought they'd play together again so were grateful to them for doing it 20 years after a messy end to the band. I have crowd shots where Bruce Stringsteen and wife, Debbie Harry, Gerard Butler, James Gandolfino and Micky Dolenz can be seen. It was like playing Where''s Waldo. Andy's wife Nancy was in the thick of it too.

patti hinton photography
  • EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2013
    Patti wrote: »
    The signs were produced in quantity by a Police fan to hand out to other fans for the final date of the reunion tour. It was an emotional night for fans. We never thought they'd play together again so were grateful to them for doing it 20 years after a messy end to the band. I have crowd shots where Bruce Stringsteen and wife, Debbie Harry, Gerard Butler, James Gandolfino and Micky Dolenz can be seen. It was like playing Where''s Waldo. Andy's wife Nancy was in the thick of it too.

Understand - sounds like a very unique and special night... thanks for the backstory.
    Eric ~ Smugmug