Options

Get together

HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
edited June 24, 2013 in People
Sure would be nice to have a get together someplace, sometime!! Any ideas out there. Could be a great time of sharing.

Comments

• Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2013
    Well, I'm not a million miles away from you! If it happens anywhere down here, be sure to make it known :)
  • Options
    BilsenBilsen Registered Users Posts: 2,143 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2013
    How about Philly? Kind of in between us Hack.
    Bilsen (the artist formerly known as John Galt NY)
    Canon 600D; Canon 1D Mk2;
    24-105 f4L IS; 70-200 f4L IS; 50mm 1.4; 28-75 f2.8; 55-250 IS; 580EX & (2) 430EX Flash,
    Model Galleries: http://bilsen.zenfolio.com/
    Everything Else: www.pbase.com/bilsen
  • Options
    edited May 8, 2013
    It would be nice if we had a studio or work area to meet in so we could play. Any ideas? I don't mind driving or I'm south of Baltimore about 1hr45min.
  • Options
    TinstaflTinstafl Registered Users Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2013
    That is a great idea but a studio might be hard to find in the middle.
  • Options
    edited May 9, 2013
    I'd be willing to do it here but don't know how many folks want to travel. I would not mind traveling if someone wants to host it.
  • Options
    edited May 9, 2013
    I travel all te time but will soon be laid up recovering from surgery. So depends on the date but travel is ok for me.
  • Options
    edited June 3, 2013
    If folks wanted to get together I'd volunteer my studio. It is south of Baltimore about 1:45 minutes on the Eastern Shore of MD. About an hour west of Ocean City MD. The studio is right on Rt 50 so you can't get lost. Who would want to come and what dates work for you. I'm thinking possibly a Sunday and or Monday or both. Give me some suggestions. I'm sure we can't please all but we can try.

We could talk, posing, lighting, selling, programs, retouching etc. We could photograph each other for practice outside and inside and maybe even do a walkabout. However the humidity here is awful during the summer.

We are very country/rural here. A poor county with mostly water men and farmers.

Cool vacation spots....Washington DC, Annapolis Naval Academy, Baltimore, Ocean City, Rehoboth Beach etc.
  • Options
    Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2013
    Wish I wasn't so darn busy because that sounds like a fun vacation trip to combine with a get together at your place.

Unfortunately, right now I am like the dog who chased the car. I caught it, and now I don't know what to do with it.
  • Options
    michaelglennmichaelglenn Registered Users Posts: 442 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2013
    I'm willing to do a bit of traveling clap.gif
    wedding portfolio michaelglennphoto.com
    fashion portfolio michaelglennfashion.com
  • Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2013
    So far away. BOOOOO!
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • Options
    edited June 5, 2013
    Depending on date I can possibly make it - would be fun to meet folks :)
  • Options
    edited June 5, 2013
    Depending on the date chosen, I could make it too.
  • Options
    edited June 5, 2013
    OK folks, lets make this happen. Give me some dates. I'm mostly free June thru early Aug so I don't just want to set a a date. Lets get some dates from your free times and we'll see.
  • Options
    edited June 5, 2013
    This month is pretty busy for me, but I'm free the 9th, 11th, 13th-21st, 23rd-25th, and then I'll be shooting in California the 26th-30th (hint to any photographers who feel like doing a meetup on the west coast!). July I'm more flexible though.
  • Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2013
    This month is pretty busy for me, but I'm free the 9th, 11th, 13th-21st, 23rd-25th, and then I'll be shooting in California the 26th-30th (hint to any photographers who feel like doing a meetup on the west coast!). July I'm more flexible though.

Where in California will you be?
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • Options
    edited June 5, 2013
    Last week in June looks ok for me. July is harder.
  • Options
    edited June 5, 2013
    I can do the 28 and the 29th. Got to play trombone for a gig on the 30. Anyone else have those dates clear?
  • Options
    edited June 5, 2013
    Where in California will you be?

I will be in San Jose, California. Another photographer was kind enough to let me stay at his place. I will be shooting a double header for the 28th and 29th. Is that close to you? Feel free to shoot me a PM!
  • Options
    edited June 22, 2013
    Well, it's a good thing I held off saying "Last week of June is great for me", since due to a string of fairly wild last-minute, not-profesional-singing-gig circumstances I'm going to be in FRANCE for 10 days! Now that I'm wrapping my head round it, I'm excited - it won't be a "vacation", but I am anticipating it being a blast!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited June 22, 2013
    I think I can do the last weekend in June at least one day.
  • Options
    edited June 22, 2013
    Diva, have one heck of a great ime. Take lots of artsy fartsy photos.
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2013
    I will be in San Jose, California. Another photographer was kind enough to let me stay at his place. I will be shooting a double header for the 28th and 29th. Is that close to you? Feel free to shoot me a PM!

He lives in SoCal (5 hours south). But *I* live about 10 min from San Jose. eek7.gif heh..if you are interested I'd love to see you work but friday night is the only time I am available. Let me know if you shooting at night!
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com