Me, Myself, and I

EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
edited May 13, 2013 in Street and Documentary
Me%20Myself%20and%20I-XL.jpg
Eric ~ Smugmug

Comments

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,885 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2013
    Great, fun shot! What were they looking at?
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited May 12, 2013
    Cool.
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2013
    Good Street Work and well seen.
  • PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2013
    What in the heck are they looking in at? great shot!
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
    ... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography
  • EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2013
    Juano wrote: »
    Richard wrote: »
    Cool.
    bfjr wrote: »
    Good Street Work and well seen.
    Patti wrote: »
    What in the heck are they looking in at? great shot!

Thanks for commenting folks - I find that capturing a composition in this genre - that resonates with viewers - is very challenging... So, I really appreciate the feedback!

The venue is the Geisel Library at UCSD and the people are campus visitors on orientation day (Sat.).
    However, the library was closed that day and I think they were trying to have a look inside thru the highly reflective windows - seen below - in the gauntlet at mid-ground.
    Geisel%20Library%201-XL.jpg

About the Geisel Library Building

On December 1, 1995 The University Library Building was renamed Geisel Library in honor of Audrey and Theodor Geisel (Dr. Seuss) for the generous contributions they have made to the library and their devotion to improving literacy.
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2013
    Terrific shot, Eric. Like you, I've had scarce success in shooting " street " photography. If I could pull a winner like this one out of my hat now and then, I'd be real happy. You captured a very interesting scene and your PP work is excellent...very good conversion.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited May 13, 2013
    Thank-you Tom. I am becoming, increasingly, a big fan of Dumb Luck - it served me well that day.
    One thing that intrigues me about this image is (because of the angle and optical differences) how different the people and their reflections appear.
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • mayflymayfly Registered Users Posts: 232 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2013
    Earache wrote: »
    Thank-you Tom. I am becoming, increasingly, a big fan of Dumb Luck - it served me well that day.
    One thing that intrigues me about this image is (because of the angle and optical differences) how different the people and their reflections appear.

Great shot all around! And I agree that the differences in the reflections is a nice bonus. So much so that when I first saw the image, it took me a second or third glance to convince myself that they were indeed the same people.
  • joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2013
    Juano wrote: »

my question too--waht are they looking at. it looks like they are all looking at themselves.
    edited May 13, 2013
    mayfly wrote: »
    Great shot all around! And I agree that the differences in the reflections is a nice bonus. So much so that when I first saw the image, it took me a second or third glance to convince myself that they were indeed the same people.
    Thanks for commenting! Cool that you noticed that effect too.
    Eric ~ Smugmug
    edited May 13, 2013
    joshhuntnm wrote: »
    my question too--waht are they looking at. it looks like they are all looking at themselves.
    I'm pretty sure they were trying to look into the building, 'cause it was closed at the time... But, a moment of vanity did happen just a bit later....:D

i-gtgVVST-L.jpg
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2013
    Really well done shot! Makes us wonder, and beautifully composed. Like the window framing in your building adding to windows of library.
    edited May 13, 2013
    rainbow wrote: »
    Really well done shot! Makes us wonder, and beautifully composed. Like the window framing in your building adding to windows of library.

Thanks much for commenting rainbow.
    Eric ~ Smugmug