Options

Printmarks on 'Printmarked' Downloads only Possible?

MotorsportsMotorsports Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
edited June 3, 2013 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Hi

I have a gallery from which customers can purchase prints and I'd like to make small printmarked downloads available too for sale. Importantly, I don't want prints to have a printmark.

If in the gallery settings I turn off printmark will the printmarked downloads still have them - taking the setting from control panel?

Or would I really need to direct customers to a duplicate upload of the whole big gallery?

I realise I could probably set proof delay and maybe there is a way to then turn it off on print orders but that is clunky as a lot of the time I won't be available to be doing this as orders come in. Also, if the customer purchases prints and printmarked download in the same order what happens?

Any advice gratefully received!

Mike
Mike

http://photos.gridshots.com

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2013
    Hi Mike,

Printmarked downloads are only available if you have a printmark in the gallery settings enabled. So the only option I see for printmarks to be only on downloads and not actual prints, would be to use two separate galleries.

During proof delay, you can turn off printmarks on a per item basis. So if you have an order with prints and downloads, you can disable the printmark on each print item before sending the order to the lab.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    MotorsportsMotorsports Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited May 22, 2013
    Hi Mike,

Printmarked downloads are only available if you have a printmark in the gallery settings enabled. So the only option I see for printmarks to be only on downloads and not actual prints, would be to use two separate galleries.

During proof delay, you can turn off printmarks on a per item basis. So if you have an order with prints and downloads, you can disable the printmark on each print item before sending the order to the lab.

Thanks Sebastian

I feared that might be the case, just wanted to check.
    Mike

http://photos.gridshots.com
  • Options
    DelbeanDelbean Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited May 27, 2013
    I wish there was a way to offer downloads with a permanent watermark that is larger than the printmark, so that when people buy them and upload to facebook et al the watermark is visible enough to prevent theft and direct traffic to my website. Creating a separate duplicate gallery with permanent watermarks just doesn't make sense.
  • Options
    jasonscottphotojasonscottphoto Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2013
    Delbean wrote: »
    I wish there was a way to offer downloads with a permanent watermark that is larger than the printmark, so that when people buy them and upload to facebook et al the watermark is visible enough to prevent theft and direct traffic to my website. Creating a separate duplicate gallery with permanent watermarks just doesn't make sense.

Ditto!
    Posts by Allyson, the wife/assistant...

Jason Scott Photography | Blog | FB | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2013
    Delbean wrote: »
    There's no option in SmugMug allowing for that at this point. Right now, you could only create a separate gallery.

If you'd like, you could add your suggestion to the SmugMug feedback page.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero