Options

Best way to send Pictures?

JMelloJMello Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
edited May 13, 2013 in Mind Your Own Business
Hey there,

I've recently started doing Nightclub photography and was just wondering what would be the best way to go about sending 150+ Photos.

I've been told to send them to an e-mail so not sure If I should compress them all or send in Parts?

Pretty simple question, I might just be overthinking it.

Comments

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,809 moderator
    edited May 13, 2013
    Depending on the file sizes and cummulative total in Megabytes, it could be best to use a service like "DropBox" (free for a 2GB account). To make it easiest to send, I would "zip" the individual files into a zipped archive, send the archive up to your DropBox account, and then give the other person the download link to the zipped archive file.

https://www.dropbox.com/features

If you have a SmugMug account, just create a separate gallery of the images and allow downloading. Then send them the link to the gallery. They can view the images in the gallery and download what they want.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    JMelloJMello Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited May 13, 2013
    ziggy53 wrote: »
    Depending on the file sizes and cummulative total in Megabytes, it could be best to use a service like "DropBox" (free for a 2GB account). To make it easiest to send, I would "zip" the individual files into a zipped archive, send the archive up to your DropBox account, and then give the other person the download link to the zipped archive file.

https://www.dropbox.com/features

If you have a SmugMug account, just create a separate gallery of the images and allow downloading. Then send them the link to the gallery. They can view the images in the gallery and download what they want.

Thanks for the reply,

What I ended up doing was compressing them into 2 .Zip files and sending them separately. I do use DropBox but it's pretty much filled with stuff that I need to be able to access from anywhere. I've never actually herd of SmugMug so I'll be checking that out .

Also, Google just recently as of this week IIRC, combined all of it's cloud services (Gmail, Google+, and something else I can't remember ) into one 15GB Free storage!

I advise that you should check this out if you haven't done so already.

Thanks Again.